Environmental Scientist- Entry Level (Omaha, NE)
E & A Consulting Group, Inc. ("E&A") is an engineering, planning, and environmental and field services firm with offices in Omaha, NE, and Lincoln, NE. We are a family-oriented company with strong values and talented staff. Our environment allows people to grow and encourages diversity and innovation. E&A offers a complete benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, Paid Time Off, and 401(k). Engineering Answers is who we are - and what we do. Description
We are seeking a Full-Time Environmental Scientist in our Omaha office. Our environmental team focuses on environmental services, which include Phase I ESAs, Wetland Services, Erosion & Sediment Control, Industrial Stormwater Permitting, and Post Construction Stormwater Management.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members. This individual will have a high level of detail and a desire to be in the field. Additionally, this candidate will:
- Conduct inspections of erosion and sediment control best management practices (BMPs) on various types of construction projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Make repair recommendations for BMPs as required and arrange for the maintenance and/or construction of BMPs with various contractors.
- Submit erosion control reports and update erosion control plans and reports on all activities on the site
- Work with contractors of various trades to ensure compliance with the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Performs Post-Construction Storm Water annual inspections
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Construction, Engineering, Natural Resources, Biology, Geology, or related degree
- Demonstrated Experience in Microsoft Office required, with an emphasis on Excel & Word
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to effectively work independently or with a team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient math skills and ability to read various construction plans and documents
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record & reliable vehicle
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions & lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated experience in the Environmental, Construction or related industry
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
E&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.