Director of Operations
- SINAI Technologies Inc
- San Francisco, California, US
- Closing date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Consultancy/Private Sector
- Conservation science
- Administration/Operations, Finance
- Salary Type
- Employment Type
- Full time
The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
Objectives of this role
Objectives of this role
- Collaborate with senior managers in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement where necessary
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes to provide visibility into the goals, progress, and obstacles of key initiatives
- Draw on relationships with department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for day-to-day operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales to achieve financial objectives.
- Devise strategies for ensuring the growth of programs enterprise-wide, and implement process improvements to maximize output and minimize costs
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations. Adhere to the company's policies and standards, and ensure that laws and regulations are being followed
- Collaborate on new directives, policies, or procedures with managers. For major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Work closely with Human Resources to lead the team with integrity and to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 8 years of related experience.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including business, early-stage startups, finances, customer service, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Experience working in a startup environment or a realistic sense of what this means
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business administration or related field
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing budgets and business plans
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior negotiation skills for both internal and external purposes
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics, using business management software
- A passion for solving climate change!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert