Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world.This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns,taking into accountyour needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away.And,it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized byForbesas a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As a key member of our Americas Metals & Mining Consulting team, you will be responsible for managing commercial and strategy consultancy projects across the Metals & Mining sector in North America and Latin America markets, including a growing component of energy transition-related engagements, such as battery raw materials strategies and the setting-up their supply chains. The position requires the ability to apply detailed knowledge and experience of the Metals & Mining industry to a broad range of consulting projects and client situations, including commercial advisory and business transaction support, based on a sound understanding of market fundamentals and dynamics.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner with an analyticalmind-setand the ability to apply detailed knowledge and experience of the Metals & Mining and wider natural resources markets to a broad range of consulting projects and client situations. These analytical capabilities must be accompanied by a strong command of oral and written communication skills in both internal as well as external and client-facing environments. Additionally, the role demands outstanding team management capabilities, in a consulting context, with an understanding of coaching and other team development techniques. Finally, sound delivery planning and managing skills in a client-facing environment are required for the purpose of this role.
The principal focus of the role is on the North America and Latin America markets, however, the job holder may be involved in a range of consulting projects spanning other regions of the world, primarily but also potential experiences in Europe, the Middle East, Africa or the Asia-Pacific regions. Occasional domestic and international travel might be required.Main Responsibilities
As a Principal Consultant at WoodMackenzieyou will lead our consulting assignments and business development efforts. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Understand the global and regional Metals & Mining market dynamics within the context of the energy transition, being able to effectively discussrecentevent and implications with clients and colleagues (Consulting and Research)
- Collaborate with senior Woodmac business developers to engage clients to identify potential business opportunities, translating open-ended business inquiries into formal project proposals: effectively identify the ideal project methodology, properly scoping the associated work (identifying relevant work-streams and type of resources required to complete) and put forward a high-level work-plan and appropriate pricing
- Execute and manage consulting projects with different levels of complexity and specific workstreams within larger projects, effectively setting up a detailed project plan and executing work towards key milestones. You will be ultimately responsible to execute such work on time and within budget.
- Support senior Woodmac personnel and thrive to become the main point of contact with key client stakeholders during project delivery (status calls, presentations) and to channel specific market inquiries
- Train, coach and mentor junior consultants
- Engage consulting colleagues across other sector groups and with Wood Mackenzie research staff to deliver the best value to our clients
- Support and generate innovative ideas, approaches and scalable solutions to industry issues, both within particular assignments and to the consulting practice as a whole
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as economics, engineering, finance, statistics, or business; master's and/or MBA preferred
- Previous experience (7+ years) in leading engagements in anenergy or natural resources focusedconsulting role or a strategic project management/advisor role within the Metals & Mining or natural resources industry
- Track record of quickly becoming knowledgeable and speaking credibly about a wide range of subjects and themes
- Strong understanding of the Metals & Mining value chain (mining, logistics, processing and commercialization), including the implications of the energy transition
- Strong understanding of commercial operations, business models and strategies
- Strong understanding of business valuation models and transaction support highly desired
- Experience managing and executing a range of consulting engagements (clients, topics, themes, sizes, duration)
- Experience in or exposure to business development (transform open-ended business questions into actionable work proposals): developing a consulting scope of work and associated work-plans preferred
- Experience in or exposure to building and maintaining relationships with clients preferred
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese language preferred
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.Closing date: (internal applications only - between 1-2 weeks)
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining the knowledge, skills and experience you have to make you a suitable candidate.
Please ensure you discuss your intention to apply with your line manager in advance.
For further information please contact Human Resources.