BlueRock Therapeutics, a wholly-owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG, is a leading engineered cell therapy company using its unique cell+gene
platform to direct cellular differentiation and genetically engineer cells to create a new generation of cellular medicines that address large patient populations suffering from neurological, cardiovascular, and immunology diseases.
The convergence of cell biology and genetic engineering is creating fundamental new ways to impact disease. Founded in 2016 to capitalize on these technological breakthroughs, we are advancing our novel cell+gene
platform to develop, manufacture, and deliver an entirely new generation of authentic and engineered cell therapies across three therapeutic areas: neurology, cardiology, and immunology. What Are We Doing?
Our foundational science harnesses the ability to create and then direct the differentiation of universal pluripotent stem cells into authentic, functional cells that can be used as allogeneic cellular therapies to treat a broad array of diseases. We can also further engineer these cells, enabling them to produce enzymes, antibodies, and other proteins for additional therapeutic benefit.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular and gene therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients with treatment options.
We are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients' lives.
The New York, USA site is seeking an Associate Director /Director PSC Biology.
The ideal candidate will be a conceptual and technical contributor in a dynamic and progressive team environment and will be an expert in human pluripotent stem cell culture (hPSCs). They will have demonstrated exceptional creativity in their experimental designs, unraveling core principles about pluripotency and differentiation. The individual will lead the design and execution of a variety of experiments designed to improve the culture and differentiation platform, will drive our understanding of clonal variability and improve our differentiation methods.
He/She will interface with a number of teams across R&D and manufacturing to share best practices. The candidate will also work closely with the genome engineering and bioinformatics teams to advance our understanding of BlueRock's platform.
BlueRock Therapeutics Company Culture Highlights
- Bring cutting-edge PSC technologies to BlueRock (such as CRISPRi and CRISPRa, lineage tracing).
- Execute in vitro experiments to improve differentiation efficiencies, to reduce off-target cell populations and to increase cellular yield.
- Evaluate new raw materials and passage methods to determine the effects on hPSCs and their derivatives.
- Work across teams to share knowledge and build new, more efficient workflows for genome engineering, synthetic biology, and pooled screening approaches.
- Act as a subject matter expert to support other activities across BlueRock sites, and mentor junior team members.
- Oversee and participate in data generation, collection, interpretation, and communication of results.
- Ph.D. in pluripotent stem cell biology, molecular biology, genetics or related discipline, with a minimum of 8+ years laboratory research or industry experience.
- Strong experience with human pluripotent stem cells.
- Experience with cell characterization technologies including PCR, DNA sequencing, qPCR, flow cytometry and immunofluorescence.
- An interest or experience with automation preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of lineage-specific differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells is advantageous.
- Experience with DNA design software is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- String supporter of BlueRock's Core Values of community, integrity, urgency, and courage.
Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 202 2022
Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2022
Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Culture 2021
BlueRock Therapeutics is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Engineering Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably. Equal Opportunity Workplace:
At BlueRock, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs. SETH ETTENBERG, PH.D.
Top 5% of Similar Sized Companies on Comparably
AwardsReviews from current employees
I work with a very talented group of people who I love learning from.
Bluerock's employees care about each other and about patients. We really have a strong sense of community.
Our LT acknowledges areas for improvement and makes intentional efforts to "be better" or "do better". They have the right attitude even in difficult or challenging times.
BlueRock Therapeutics' Employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) is 64, as rated by 74 employees. This means 71% of BlueRock Therapeutics employees would encourage their friends to become coworkers today.
3 Cool Reasons to Work at BlueRock Therapeutics