Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Multi-Color Corporation and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world's largest prime label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that has been committed to excellence and industry leadership for over 110 years.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, and promoting all environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs for the Multi-Color Corporation, Algoma facility. This position will develop the EHS culture to ensure legal compliance with all environmental, health, safety, OSHA, and EPA laws and regulations.
Why work at MCC:
- Compensation: $100,000 - $115,000 annually
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k)
- Paid Holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, plus two floating holidays
- Knowledge of, understanding of and compliance to all controlled documentation that are associated with job description.
- Actively participate in Hammer Packaging's Lean, Quality, Product Safety, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), and Workplace Safety Programs.
- Responsible for regulatory assessments and efforts to maintain compliance with local and country environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Apply knowledge of safety and sustainability practices to oversee a variety of activities, including but not limited to industrial hygiene, ergonomics, emergency management, environmental protection, and occupational safety.
- Provide support in the areas of certifications, environmental permitting, spill prevention plans, pollution prevention, waste minimization, employee training, Tier II Reporting, etc.
- Maintain all necessary records and ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report safety and sustainability key performance indicators.
- Conduct Incident Investigations in a timely manner and determine needs for Action Plans to eliminate hazards.
- Assist with any required reporting processes and communicate/track status and/or updates until completed.
- Conduct risk assessments of work operations with facility personnel which may include inspecting machinery, equipment, and other working conditions.
- Develop and sustain recycling programs.
- Keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that may impact the organization.
- Engages in daily improvement activities interacting with employees to collaboratively observe and improve processes.
- Supports project and change management needs for the enterprise while participating in initiatives that support enterprise growth.
- Manages programs and projects as needed utilizing strong project management methodology.
- Work safely, abide by, and promote established safety policies and procedures, identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as requested by Leadership Team
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in EH&S or related field
- 5-10 years' environmental health and safety experience in the manufacturing industry (custom manufacturing preferred) Able to manage time efficiently on multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related completion dates.
- Possess strong leadership skills including the ability to mentor, guide, motivate and train a diverse team of people across the organization, while spending most of the time working side-by-side with production associates on driving daily process improvements.
- Able to understand and help further enhance current business systems, processes, and workflows.
- Must have strong computer (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) math, reading, writing skills, and have the ability to tactfully communicate to customers and employees of all levels of the company.
- Able to set objectives, work goals and standards, and motivate employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationships building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- Has strong analytical skills, and experience with financial analysis preferred (P&L; Balance Sheet).
- Always has a positive attitude, yet able to be the voice of reason in critical conversations.
- Is highly ethical and respected by others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
MCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. MCC is an equal opportunity employer.