Cameron-Cole was established in 2001 as an independent environmental services firm and joined the ADEC Innovations
group of companies in September 2021. Our staff has provided services to a diverse clientele in the transportation, consumer products, construction materials, financial services, Internet services, manufacturing, petrochemical, aerospace, and waste management industries, as well as government and other public sectors.
Our chosen field of services includes the most difficult issues that challenge society today. These challenges require solutions that will stand the test of time. Our solutions must recognize the social, economic and environmental implications and balance among these. We are committed to deliver services and solutions that are the product of the best collaboration of all appropriate resources and expertise of the firm.
Cameron-Cole is searching for a Level II Environmental Scientist to join our team. Under direction from senior staff and project managers, the Environmental Scientist II designs and performs environmental field sampling programs including collection of groundwater samples from monitor wells, collection of surface and subsurface soil samples, assist with data analysis, development of presentations and site investigations.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with environmental-focused projects, exposure to project management principles, regulatory requirements, health & safety, data analysis, and report writing.Essential job functions include:
- Samples groundwater and soil for analysis while accurately following identified field sampling plans and Cameron-Cole guidelines and procedures.
- Serves as a Primary Field Representative; including verifying event site, subcontractor and team availability, coordinating available equipment, courier services and lab availability. Periodically supervises subcontractors and Level I staff while on project sites.
- Reviews lab analytical reports for accuracy and adherence to QAQC regulations.
- Participates in site investigations compliant with federal and state regulations.
- Develops site maps of ground water contour and chemical iso-concentration.
- Writes and prepare draft reports and presentation including tables, charts and graphs. Assembles approved reports for distribution.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Health & Safety, policies and procedures, event coordination, data analysis, utilization, geologic/hydrologic data collection and interpretationPhysical Demands
The position operates in both a professional office and outdoor settings. Staff should be equally comfortable in both environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear walk, stoop and lift. The employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of a computer or laptop. The employee is required have finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates must be willing to work in the field conducting physically rigorous field geologic data collection in a variety of terrain and weather conditions. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.Education, Certifications, Training, Licenses and Experience
Diversity and respect are fundamental.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrology, Earth Sciences or a related field or combination of education and relevant experience
- 3+ years' experience in Environmental Services or relevant industry
- OSHA HAZWOPR 40-hour (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response)
- Valid Driver's License
Fundamental to our teams. Fundamental to our clients. Fundamental to the communities we serve and live in. Fundamental to the landscapes we work within. We need you and your unique talents, history, and background to become the Company we aspire to be. We insist upon a culture of common respect, expect transparency, and celebrate the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. Our mutual equality as humans is the path to diverse and innovative collaboration. We cultivate integrity, driving us to growth, and allowing us to achieve more together than we could ever hope to as individuals.
Cameron-Cole, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to attract, employ, and retain qualified individuals with the requisite skills, education, and experience from the available population.
Cameron-Cole offers competitive salaries, great benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year