Full-time position as a Computational Biologist for a large Dermatology research group with a wide portfolio of projects. Of primary interest to our department is how immune responses in skin are initiated, how T cell mediated memory responses occur in skin, and the behavior of a population of antigen experienced T cells known as Resident Memory T Cell (TRM). Functioning very independently and under the very general direction of the principal investigator, the Computational Biologist will conduct integrative data analyses using a wide range of approaches: genomic, proteomic, single cell technologies (RNASeq, CYTOF). The candidate will also be responsible for developing tools needed to manipulate and present data as well as maintaining shared documents and data sets. The RS will have the ability to join and contribute to a wide range of collaborative projects within and outside of our department. On a regular basis, contributes to scientific literature, reports, journals and presentations and investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for research advancement.
- Conduct data analyses on a wide range of technologies such as gene expression, SNPs, and Next Generation Sequencing (RNA-Seq, scRNA seq, exome, and whole genome sequencing), proteomic data
- Apply statistical insights to develop innovative analysis methods and algorithms for biological data
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve complex computational research problems
- Interpret data from a biological and translational perspective
- Manage, integrate, and maintain datasets
- Participate in the grant writing process by designing and developing statistical analysis plans specific to a future project
- Regularly communicate project status updates and meet expected deliverable dates
- Participate within a team of scientists to foster a culture of scientific excellence and collaboration
- Actively participate in the preparation of manuscripts for publication
- MS or equivalent in a quantitative discipline required (Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics etc)
- 5 - 7 years research experience working with biologic datasets in an academic, pharmaceutical, or biotech environment
- Expertise in computational and statistical analysis of RNA-Seq and single cell RNA-Seq data is required.
- Experience managing and curating large datasets
- Understanding of common bioinformatics approaches and extensive experience with one of the main programming languages for data analysis (R, Python) required. Knowledge in other programming languages and data analysis tools, as well as machine learning, is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to function and communicate effectively in a highly productive multi-disciplinary environment
- Outstanding communication, organization, and time management skills
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.