The Associate Scientist II is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of pharmaceutical product development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. The Associate Scientist may also assist with method development/method validation projects. For this position, HPLC, dissolution and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied include: titrations UV, AA, IR. Test methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by The Company). The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Performs one or more of the following techniques: residual solvents, assays (potencies, related substances), dissolution, elemental impurities, moisture content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based measurements.
* Evaluates and interprets generated data.
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Understands the theoretical basis of methods/experiments.
* Solves problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Writes test procedures, protocols and reports.
* Maintains working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
* Assists in removal of hazardous waste, routine equipment cleaning and restocking of consumable products and reagents.
* Effectively uses various laboratory software packages (Empower3, ProCal, Master Control, ELN, etc.)
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of safety hazards.
* Safely handles potent compounds.
* This position will be required to supervise, handle, or process hazardous waste under Resource and Conservation guidelines promulgated under 40 CFR 262.177(a)(7), Personnel Training. This includes completion of initial and annual RCRA training and documented as required in Alcami records. This training also includes familiarity with emergency response procedures, emergency equipment, and emergency systems.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Education And Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent and 2 years of related experience or Master's degree required.
* Prior laboratory experience or work experience in Pharmaceutical, CDMO, or cGMP preferred.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety-first culture.
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
* Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills required.
* Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability required.
* Excellent knowledge of Laboratory equipment and safety required.
* Expert knowledge of Laboratory Documentation is required.
* Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
Decision Making And Supervision Required
* Applies job skills and company policies and SOPs to complete a broad range of difficult tasks.
* Receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Up to 5% travel required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be required to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment for specific job duties to be performed. Such personal protective equipment may include, but not limited to: safety eyewear, various types of respirators/breathing apparatus, half face and full face respirator, lab coats, full protective body coverings, various types of gloves, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long-term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are c ommitted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.