We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to assist in a variety of projects including the evaluation of landfill designs and liners, site investigations, and environmental compliance reviews. The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Professional Engineering license desired. The position will initially be part time or on a contract basis with the potential to become a full-time position.
Responsibilities And Duties
* Be familiar with Federal laws such as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and similar state laws, and evaluate how to comply with their requirements.
* Evaluate soil and groundwater monitoring programs.
* Prepare tables, maps and figures.
* Collaborate with other scientific and engineering professionals in a team environment.
* The position requires an individual with excellent written communications skills, and a proven ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure in an uncertain environment.
* Applicant must possess at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
* Applicant should have at least 5 years of professional experience.
* Preferably have experience working with groundwater flow and contaminant transport models.
* Experience with statistical evaluations preferred.
* US citizenship required
* Clearance: Applicants selected may be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive or classified information.
SC&A is a small business focused on environmental consulting to federal, state, and local government agencies and the private sector. Our background includes environment, health, and safety; radiological and nuclear safety and security; climate adaptation; air quality; and emergency management and preparedness.
SC&A, Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. SC&A, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation to those with a medical condition, disability or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from receiving a vaccine so long as it does not create an undue hardship for SC&A, Inc. and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
SC&A does not accept third-party applications or agency inquiries. Phone calls are not accepted for any position. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. SC&A maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Powered by JazzHR