Our mission at Sense is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient. We're serious about having a real impact on climate change by empowering people to easily take care of their homes and to actively participate in a cleaner, more resilient future.
To accomplish our mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Our consumer product, built on our unique machine learning technology, gives people visibility into the energy usage of their homes and provides insights to simplify saving energy and money. We are a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy working together to solve a wide range of interesting technical challenges across a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud. If the idea of having a significant positive impact on our product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
Sense is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join the engineering team and expand our manual testing efforts. In this role, you will work closely with the QA team lead, product managers and developers to develop and execute test plans based on product requirements and UX designs. You care deeply about product quality and customer satisfaction, have excellent communication skills, and are self-motivated with a growth mindset.
What you'll be doing:
* Writing test plans to ensure that new features meet functional requirements
* Executing manual test cases using our mobile/web apps and other tools
* Writing clear, well-documented bugs in JIRA
* Verifying bug fixes and following up with the developers
* Writing regression test plans
* Helping define and improve QA process and tools
* Participating in troubleshooting and triage of issues
* Participating in requirements and design reviews
* Professional experience as a QA engineer doing manual testing
* Experience testing consumer electronics hardware
* Experience with meters and utilities
* Familiarity with testing strategies, techniques and best practices
* Authorized to work in the U.S.
Sense supports a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
* Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
* "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
* Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
* 50 on Fire - BostInno
* Top 100 - Red Herring
* Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
* Global Cleantech 100
* Competitive compensation including equity
* Onsite in our Central Square Cambridge HQ
* Great work-life balance
* Flexible work hours
* Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
* Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
* Dependent Care Accounts
* Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
* Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
* Dental (90%)
* Vision (100%)
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
* 401k plan
* Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family