Beauty Quest Group is a leading integrated manufacturer and marketer of hair care products from branded and private label hair care, color, and styling products to professional salons and specialty retailers.
BQG sells a wide range of hair care products under its own brands, Aquage, RUSK, and One ‘n Only, as well as Private Label brands for leading retailers. BQG also provides contract manufacturing services to other leading marketers of hair care and other topical products.
Our amazing team here at Beauty Quest Group is the driving force and foundation of the company. Our thriving culture is based on Creativity, Innovation, Education, and Teamwork.
Perform routine microbiology lab procedures related to the quality control of cosmetic and OTC production.
* Process incoming samples.
* Perform bioburden testing of raw material, in-process, and finished goods.
* Collect and test microbial environmental samples.
* Accurately document work performed.
* Prepare culture media and reagents.
* Assist in inventory control of lab media and supplies.
* Follow safety rules and safe operating procedures.
* Maintain cleanliness and good housekeeping in the work area.
* Dispose of biohazards following all safety regulations.
* Perform additional duties as directed or assigned by management.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION:
* Degree in Biology or other Natural Sciences. Microbiology degree preferred with experience working in a microbiology lab environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of aseptic techniques.
* Ability to follow directions carefully and accurately.
* Ability to perform procedures accurately and efficiently; work independently and with a team; maintain good working relationship with other staff.
* Must have neat and legible handwriting.
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize duties.