Capstan Therapeutics is developing a targeted delivery platform and therapeutics to reprogram immune cells in vivo in a scalable and controlled format, for a broad range of disease categories. The core technology originating from University of Pennsylvania comprises Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles (tLNPs) to enable off-the-shelf immunotherapies, with tight control of dosage and of activity of engineered cells. The objective is to advance transformative first-in-class and best-in-class products for oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases, and blood monogenic disorders. Our dynamic start-up is founded by pioneers in the field of immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and drug delivery including experienced industry leaders and academic faculty members from U Penn.
In summary, Capstan Therapeutics aspires to become the leader of a new revolution in medicine, opening the avenue of in vivo reprogramming of the immune system and bringing this treatment modality to a broad range of medical needs. With locations in Philadelphia and San Diego, we are looking for talented individuals to join us.
The Director/Sr. Director of Immune Cell Biology is a critical member of the R&D team focused on understanding and optimizing how the platform technology performs in the context of the endogenous immune system.
Responsibilities & Duties:
This position will be responsible for leading efforts on investigating the biology of in vivo reprogramming of immune cells and ways to optimize cells and conditions for in vivo therapies. They will manage and continue to expand a team focused on ways to specifically tailor the platform technology to a broad range of disease indications.
This position will also be responsible for managing and supporting activities at CROs and academic founders (University of Pennsylvania) and collaborators. He / She will partner up with academic collaborators to identify and transfer technologies, know-how and product candidates to the company.
The Director/Sr. Director of Immune cell biology will have a major role in developing the intellectual property of the company and building and communicating internally and externally the product research and development strategy.
They will report in to the Head of Research, will be a member of the R&D leadership team, and will work closely with the leadership across the organization to set up and execute the product portfolio goals and objectives.
* PhD degree or equivalent, with at least 10 years relevant experience in immune cell biology. Experience with T cell products and/or targets and experience in industry is desirable.
* Deep technical leadership and hands on experience with immunotherapeutics, in vitro and in vivo modeling, and drug development. Experience with cytokines/chemokines is desirable.
* Managerial experience including building and leading high performing groups in dynamic biotech environment is a plus.
* Experience with working in cross functional, matrix environment including pharmacology, toxicology, early development, CMC / manufacturing, regulatory affairs, and project management
* Proven track record with scientific publications and generation of intellectual property.
* Exceptional written communication and presentation skills.