Who we are: We at Viva Environmental, Health, & Safety, LLC. see ourselves not only as an environmental consulting and industrial hygiene firm, but also an advocate for the environment, health, and safety of our community. We are based in Philadelphia, PA. We are an excellent place to work and grow in your career as an environmental professional. We strive to keep all of our co-workers happy and fulfilled in their work career and actively help them to achieve both their professional and personal goals. We want you to succeed.
Where we work: Our primary workplaces are within K-12 schools and in hospital settings, where our main goal is to keep children, teachers, patients, and hospital staff safe from potential environmental and occupational harm. We are rapidly growing and actively pursuing more occupational safety and health projects every day. Some of the tasks we regularly perform include asbestos inspections and project oversight, mold investigations, lead investigations, Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments, and industrial hygiene surveys. We know that every project is unique and we enjoy using our techincal skills to discover creative ways to assist our clients in keeping everyone safe from harm.
Who we are looking for: We are looking to hire highly motivated individuals who want to make a difference in our community by performing environmental work that will directly impact others for the better. We are looking to hire Entry to Mid-Level industrial hygienists or environmental technicians to work performing asbestos inspections, project oversight, mold investigations, lead investigations, Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments, and industrial hygiene surveys.
The information listed below is a wish list of various certifications and licenses that would be helpful for our job candidates to already have. However, we are willing to train individual candidates who we believe share the values of our group.
Our ideal co-worker will be licensed as a Philadelphia Asbestos Project Inspector (API), Pennsylvania Asbestos Building Inspector, and Pennsylvania Lead Risk Assessor.
Our ideal co-worker should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to accomplish project goals with little supervision, interact professionally with clients and have excellent interpersonal skills. A reliable car, current driver's license and valid insurance are required. Candidate must be willing and able to work during any shift within a twenty-four hour period and it is possible that there could be work on holidays and weekends. Some travel and/or overnight stay is possible. Individual must be able to obtain and maintain all needed PA Act 114 clearances (PA State Criminal History Background Check, Federal Criminal History Report and PA Child Abuse Clearance).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
* 1-year of industrial hygiene sampling/project oversight for asbestos, lead and/or hazardous material remediation projects.
* Certification as an AHERA Building Inspector, Lead Risk Assessor, or NJ Asbestos Safety Technician.
* City of Philadelphia Asbestos Project Inspector
* 1-year of Lead experience. Lead Inspector or Risk Assessor.
* B.S. in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Biology, Chemistry or related field preferred
* 1-3 years prior training or work experience conducting industrial hygiene inspections, however, individuals with strong construction experience and good working knowledge of building construction will be considered.
* Experience with/knowledge of knowledge of pertinent regulations, including OSHA, AHERA, NESHAP and NIOSH regulations preferred.
* Experience managing and working with vendors and contractors preferred.
* Ideal candidate will possess strong communications skills and technical writing skills.
* Understanding that at a minimum approximately 50% of time spent will be spent on-site conducting buildings surveys.
* Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring the company to sponsor a visa.
* Successful candidates must be able to carry up to 35lbs, stand and walk for extended periods, tour project sites, climb ladders/scaffolding in a variety of industries (commercial, industrial, transportation, etc.).
* Ability to visually discern site details for environmental inspections (color, distance measurements, etc.) and safety aspects. Ability to carry and mobilize testing equipment (up to 35 pounds).
* Ability to don personal protective equipment such as disposable coveralls, fall restraint harnesses, respiratory protection and similar. Successful candidate must be able to achieve physician approval for respirator use via company provided exam in accordance with OSHA standard.
* Position requires performance of task activities at client locations along with transport of samples, chain-of-custody reports. Successful candidate must be able to manage and schedule time effectively for both off-site and in-office responsibilities.
This is a full-time hourly position and wages are commensurate with qualifications and experience. We aim to pay all of our co-workers a fair and living wage. We promote from within, and quickly, for co-workers who excell at their work.
Please reach out and see if we're a good match!