Job DescriptionPosition: Senior Natural Resources Professional
Requisition Number: 2022-2410-19
S&ME is a leading 1,100 employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm comprised of dedicated individuals with vast technical expertise offering innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on providing employees an environment that fosters continuous development and growth at all levels. Our people are the heartbeat of our company, which is a place where you control your future, and the possibilities are far-reaching.
As individuals we are great, and together we are even better so come join our incredible team in Nashville as we're currently seeking a Senior Natural Resources Professional. What is the job?
What do you need to have?
- Manage natural resources projects, including proposal preparation, client/project management, regulatory agency coordination, jurisdictional waters evaluations, permitting, and protected species surveys.
- Train, mentor, manage, and develop field staff and support additional environmental consulting aspects.
- Meet objectives in safety, quality, human resources, finances and risk management; and staffing projects with appropriately trained and certified personnel, maximizing staff utilization and project profitability.
- Serve as a Community Leader to give S&ME visibility in the community and professional organizations.
- Coordinate with their project managers and leaders/project managers in other Service Lines regarding potential opportunities and supports them with resources needed to win and complete projects.
- Effective technical, team leadership, project management, client management and business development.
- Guide, manage and develop field staff and professionals with technical reports.
- Organize and manage multiple project assignments concurrently with experience in technical report development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biological or Environmental Sciences from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated successful team leadership and management with a good understanding of safety policies/procedures, quality, business metrics, human resources policies/procedures, and risk management concepts.
- 15+ years experience with wetland delineations, stream determinations, Stream Quantification Tool (SQT), environmental permitting, mitigation, protected species surveys and ecological surveys, and previous experience in southeast U.S. required.
- GIS experience and/or knowledge required.
- Regulatory coordination experience, including both US Army Corps of Engineers and the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for clients, staff and regulatory personnel.
- Ability to relocate to Nashville.
Established in 1973, S&ME has evolved to expand our services to more than 30 offices throughout 10 states. Our breadth of service capabilities reinforces our diversity as a company and our success is largely in part of our people, their technical expertise, and our companywide purpose of helping our communities prosper. Our services include Civil Engineering, Construction Services and Testing, Environmental, Geotechnical, Placemaking, Land Development and Surveying. We strive to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. https://www.smeinc.com/S&ME Benefits to Help You Thrive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life, Travel & Disability Insurance
- Full Suite of Voluntary Products
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with Company Contributions
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- 401(K) with Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Certification Incentive Program
- PTO/Holidays with Carryover Ability
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Commitment to Culture
- Empower Our Employees to Perform at a High Level
- Dynamic Company
- Company Vehicle with Gas Card
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.EOE including disability/vetsVEVRAA Federal Contractor Job Posted by ApplicantPro