Job DescriptionCompany DescriptionAt AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is seeking a Senior ESG Advisor
that can be based in any our offices within the U.S. The selected candidate will join the ESG Advisory Group, part of AECOM's EHS + Air practice within Environment. The primary emphasis of the group is to support clients with their ESG strategies. This is accomplished through assessing, improving and developing disclosure reporting for ESG strategy and performance.Requirements/Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
About AECOM's Environment Business Line:
- The Senior ESG Advisor will primarily focus on supporting clients with assessing, improving and disclosing their ESG strategy and performance. The role will also involve interfacing with AECOM's Climate Change Strategy & Disclosure advisors in the delivery of client work where ESG and climate change intersect.
- The Senior ESG Advisor will work under the direction of the Corporate ESG Advisory Lead in client project delivery, writing proposals, securing work and marketing AECOM's services through webinars and promotional material.
- At AECOM, we provide consulting and advice for clients, and importantly we also build infrastructure for clients. As Senior ESG Advisor, you will have expanded opportunities at AECOM to provide ESG consulting to clients and to provide ESG consulting on infrastructure construction projects - we call it "embedded" ESG. Double the opportunity, double the ability to make a difference in the world.
- Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical, writing, presentation and managerial skills, with a professional consulting background in ESG/sustainability advisory.
- Significant experience with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards is required. Experience with environmental compliance and regulation, GHG management, circular economy, nature-based solutions, water management, air quality, health & safety, stakeholder engagement, corporate governance and ethics, sustainable finance, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), decarbonization and Net Zero, or any related topics are useful.
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world's most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM's Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited university (i.e., Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, MBA, Urban Planning, Geography, Natural Resources)
- 8 years of experience consulting externally (i.e., client-facing) or internally (i.e., in-house at an organization) on ESG/sustainability strategy, governance, risk management and metrics & targets.
- Valid U.S. Driver's license is required for this role.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Advising on adoption of the SASB, TCFD, SBTi and GRI standards
- Managing projects and client management
- Delegating tasks and managing a small team
- Creating high performance teams
- Conducting and/or overseeing analysis
- Writing proposals and securing work
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Master's degree in a relevant field from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience at a sustainability consulting firm, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Environmental compliance and regulation
- GHG management
- Circular economy
- Nature-based solution
- Water management
- Air quality
- Health & safety
- Stakeholder engagement
- Corporate governance and ethics
- Sustainable finance
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Decarbonization and Net Zero carbon emissions
- Outstanding critical thinking skills with the ability to solve unstructured problems
- Outstanding communication, writing and organizational skills
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to develop professionally in the ESG/sustainability field
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Offered rate of compensation (Colorado locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range of this position is: $68,000.00 - $126,000.00
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.