ERM is seeking a Health Safety and Environmental Compliance Consultant to join our Performance & Assurance technical team in Northern California/San Francisco (SF) Bay Area. The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients throughout the SF Bay Area, with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging health safety and environmental projects for large technology, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
* Provide technical assistance on health safety and environmental compliance, management system, and training projects.
* Provide on-site health safety and environmental compliance support at client facilities.
* Perform or support health safety and environmental compliance audits and potential corrective action options to improve their compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
* Support the implementation of health safety and environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients. (ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001, and ISO 45001)
* Prepare and provide client-specific training concerning health safety and environmental subjects.
* Perform and support ASTM E1528 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment with limited compliance evaluations
* Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
* Bachelors in Safety Sciences, Safety Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Occupational H&S, or related discipline; Masters a plus; or 8 year's equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of health, safety and environmental compliance experience. GSP or ASP certification preferred.
* Experience developing, operating, and/or auditing corporate management industry standards (ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001, and ISO 45001) preferred (either as a consultant or as an internal compliance officer).
* Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
* Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Access desired.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with experience delivering presentations and training subjects as well as writing comprehensive technical reports and standards.
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
* Valid CA Driver's License.
* Ability to travel 50-100% within the SF Bay Area.
* Ability to conduct work on client work sites under COVID-19 protocols.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!