Electronics Technician (2 Permanent Full-Time positions located in Logan, UT)
Open Date: November 16, 2022
Status: Regular Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt (8:00am - 5:00pm MT)
Our manufacturing team works diligently to ensure that we acquire and produce the key goods and services needed to successfully meet our client and project needs. This team works closely with the rest of our organization to help other teams achieve their goals. We constantly work toward securing the right materials, resources, and services to ensure we maintain fully functioning manufacturing capacity, while implementing strategies to meet changing organizational needs. We are looking for an Electronics Technician to join our team and support our company now and into the future.
We Are Campbell Scientific
We work to make a difference and help those working to advance science and technology for the benefit of humankind. Through our advanced measurement systems, our goal is to provide key insights to people using science and technology to solve massive global challenges including severe weather, climate change, limited natural resources, sustainable food production, energy production and distribution, and infrastructure safety.
What's in it For You?
- A great work culture where we work hard, but don't take ourselves too seriously.
- Challenging and engaging work that makes a difference on a global scale.
- Industry competitive salaries.
- Excellent benefits beginning on your first day with us.
- We have competitive Paid Time Off; Medical, Dental, Vision, and Hearing Insurance with no premiums; Long-Term and Short-Term Disability; AD&D; 401(k) and a Profit Sharing Plan; and Gym Memberships.
What You'll Work on
The Electronics Technician I is responsible for the testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of complex PCAs at the component level and in assuring that electronic products meet Campbell Scientific's quality control standards.
You'll Support Your Team By Performing the Following Key Tasks
- Bench and environmental testing of PCAs following Campbell Scientific test procedures.
- Component-level troubleshooting and repair of equipment failures.
- Interface with quality control to eliminate process- or vendor-related problems.
- Maintain an On-Time Delivery of tested product greater than 90%.
- Consistently maintain and improve Product test processes and quality by monitoring in-process defects.
- Create documentation and correction of all test failures
What We're Looking For
- A two-year Associate's degree in Electronics Technology, equivalent military, or on-the-job experience
- Demonstrated ability to use standard bench testing equipment including DMM, oscilloscope, and function generator
- Demonstrated ability to analyze electronic circuits with the ability to read and interpret schematics, datasheets, and test procedures
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and productively while observing quality and safety standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- IPC 610, 7711, J-STD-001 certified, preferred
- Radio Frequency experience including troubleshooting and maintenance of RF transceivers, preferred
- Object-oriented programming experience (C++, C#, Visual Basic, Python, etc.), preferred
All work is done in an Electronics Manufacturing facility with a majority of the time spent at a computer and product-testing work station.
Must be able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 50 lb. of equipment over short distances as needed in the course of fulfilling job responsibilities.
Want to know more about Campbell Scientific, the culture, and more? Use the following YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hiH_2Mrkmo
Want to see what other opportunities there are to join our team? Visit CampbellSci.com/open-positions
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.