Starting Salary: $50,000-$60,000
Location: Washington, DC
Travel Requirements: 0-25%
Reports To: State Legislative and Municipal Lead
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a projected early-Q1 start date.
314 Action is a grassroots community of over 6 million people working to elect scientists who will use science and facts to address some of our most pressing issues like climate change and health care.
In 2020, we helped flip U.S. Senate seats in Arizona and Colorado by drafting Capt. Mark Kelly and former Gov. John Hickenlooper to successfully run for office. After raising more than $22 million in grassroots donations, 314 Action helped elect nearly 20 scientists at the federal level and over 100 scientists at the state and local levels. Of these scientists, 57% were women, 23% were candidates of color, and 24% were first-time candidates for public office.
314 Action and its mission to elect scientists at all levels of government have been featured in pieces by numerous news outlets, including NBC News, CNN, Bloomberg, Newsweek, The Hill, and Huffington Post. In its first year, 314 Action's SL&M Program has supported about 400 candidates and developed scalable systems for recruiting, supporting, and electing candidates with STEM backgrounds to offices foundational to impacting our country's most pressing issues, like climate change and abortion access.
314 Action is looking for an Endorsement Associate to join our growing State Legislative & Municipal Program. The Endorsement Associate is a critical member of the team and owns the day-to-day execution and continual improvement of a key moment for candidates engaging with 314 Action, their endorsement experience. The Endorsement Associate will serve as the primary point of contact for all sub-congressional STEM candidates seeking 314 Action's endorsement. This includes: initial outreach to candidates, vetting candidates seeking 314's endorsement, notifying candidates they've been endorsed, delivering personalized graphics, and curating context-based communities of 5-10 endorsees running in similar types of races or with similar backgrounds to create shared experiences.
- Run 314 Action's downballot endorsement process from candidate identification to endorsement rollout for at least 700 endorsees in 2023.
- Create a delightful experience for all candidates engaging with 314 Action's SL&M endorsement process.
- Identify candidates with STEM backgrounds through a variety of methods, including reaching out to state-based partners, advocacy organizations, and local parties.
- Vet endorsement applicants to verify STEM qualifications and values alignment. This includes working with research consultants, local parties, previously endorsed 314 candidates, and other state-based partners.
- Prepare applicants' profiles for endorsement committee vote.
- Ensure timely endorsee notification, graphics delivery, and announcement rollouts.
- Identify inefficiencies in 314 Action's endorsement process and help determine solutions.
- Use your experiences (political and otherwise) to help develop and test moonshot ideas for how we can impact state legislative & municipal races around the country at scale.
- One cycle of experience with a political organization that endorses candidates based on their identity (professional or personal).
- A working knowledge of how elections function: understanding primary vs. general elections, ballot access filing deadlines, multi-member vs. single-member districts, etc.
- An eye towards quality control and maintaining accuracy within data sets.
- Comfort using a CRM or relational database (like Airtable), or willingness to learn to do so
- Comfort using no-code automation tools (like Zapier), or a willingness to learn to do so
- An interest in supporting candidates running for state legislative & municipal offices.
We're looking for people who are passionate about downballot electoral politics and electing STEM professionals to office. Even if you don't meet all these qualifications, but have relevant skills, still apply! We're looking for the best fit for our team and candidates.
Full-time employees of 314 Action will have access to the following benefits:
- 100% employer paid premiums for dental, vision, and platinum health insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with up to 6% employer matching
- $500 Quarterly Tech Stipend
- $100 Monthly Transit Benefit for eligible employees located in DC and Philadelphia.
- Up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year
- Up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 11 paid holidays per year. Additionally, our offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day. Other religious holidays can be taken as extra paid days off for those who observe religions.
- Holidays can be taken as extra paid days off for those who observe religions.
- Hybrid work environment: While in person attendance is required, 314 will continue to offer occasional remote work options for all staff.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online via this online application form. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from 314 Action. If you'd like more information about the opportunity prior to applying, please feel free to set up a time with Raub Dakwale by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
All 314 Action staff will have the option to work in person at the 314 Action office. Directors will have the flexibility to arrange schedules with their team members, to ensure we benefit from in-person collaboration but still allow for part-time remote work. All 314 Action employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
314 Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR