Job DescriptionSalary: $18-30
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and support staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
Our internship provides students with the opportunity to enhance their current skills and to support their academic curriculum for careers in environmental and energy policy. Our Interns work on teams, focusing in areas, like -
- Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicles
- International Partnerships Program
This position will report to an ICCT Researcher.You Will:
- Conduct a scientific literature review on a specific topic
- Develop a database or quantitative model for program-specific research
- Conduct a quantitative analysis and write up the methods and results
- Write a series of memos or web pages on a specific policy or technical topic
- May author or co-author an ICCT publication (such as a working paper or white paper)
- Present the results of your projects internally to ICCT staff.
- A strong academic record in policy, engineering, transportation, science, economics, or related field in your current undergrad or graduate program
- Interest in vehicle technology, climate change, air quality, energy, environment, public health, or related topics; familiarity with environmental and energy challenges in the transportation sector preferred
- Interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal:science writing skills are ideal
- Ability to work independently and engage effectively with team members
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for a duration of 10 to 12 weeks. This position will be based in either our Washington, D.C. or San Francisco, CA office. This internship offers an hourly rate of $18-30 (DC) and $20-$33 (San Francisco), based on education and experience.Application
To apply, please send (1) a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and earliest available start date, (2) a resume, and (3) one writing sample links to your writing samples will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be given less priority.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.