Our industry leading manufacturing client has requested our help in filling there Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer role.
The Environmental, Health, & Safety Engineer will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and analyzing the work environment and personnel practices along with designing programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent EH&S non-compliances and incidents. In addition, the EH&S Engineer will Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulation through effective EHS programs development and implementation. Ensure EHS programs are maintained, updated and implemented facility wide. The EH&S Engineer will contribute to the continuous improvement of the Safety Culture
Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer Job Functions
Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer Experience
- Propose measures to protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Implement, review and revise written safety programs and procedures
- Perform inspections and audits seizing and delegating necessary countermeasures
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions and behaviors that could affect associate health, comfort, DHS security, or EHS performance and take measures to reduce and control risks.
- Assist in leading Site Safety Team(s) and EHS initiatives.
- Maintain the PIV and Contractor Safety Programs for the plant.
- Assist EHS Manager in developing and maintaining safety, environmental and industrial hygiene programs including PPE and ergonomic assessments.
- Assist EHS Manager in conducting EHS/PSM implementation and training and education programs and demonstrate the use of EHS equipment.
- Provide contractor, new-associate, and monthly EHS training and on-going training, and develop materials for the training.
- Assist EHS Manager in ensuring continued compliance with Environmental policies, regulations, programs and procedures, including Hazardous Waste Management, Air Emissions Calculations, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures.
- Document and maintain regulatory records including incident reports and OSHA Logs
- Measure and track Safety KPI's
- Respond to EHS related incidents and participate in incident investigation
- Recommend countermeasures based on incident investigation and collaborate with operating departments to implement
- Coach and counsel Production Employees, supervisors, and managers on improving safety of the work area and of specific required tasks
- Identify and manage correction of safety and environmental deficiencies
- Prioritize Risk Reduction efforts based on highest risk jobs
Recommend countermeasures for risk reduction and collaborate with operating departments to implement
- Estimate risk reduction based on hierarchy of risk, measure real reduction upon implementation of countermeasures
- Administer various safety programs (shoes, hearing testing, Accident follow-up)
- Establish and Lead the Safety Culture in the plant
- Develop and deploy safety risk reduction and accident reduction projects
- Develop Safety and Security capital projects through execution
At least 5 years experience required in a manufacturing environmentDemonstrated proficiency with a computer and with MS softwarePrevious experience implementing safety standardsBachelor's of Science degree in Safety, Environment, Engineering, or related disciplineMasters in safety and Occupational Health Sciences or equivalent preferred