The Environmental, Health and Safety Leader is a subject matter authority who assists in leading the environmental health and safety agenda for a high complex facility together with the plant manager. In this role, you will lead the execution and continuous improvement of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management system at complex facilities consisting of highly regulated processes and activities or low to medium program maturity with elevated risk of serious injuries and fatalities, serious environmental events, severe process safety events or legal matters.
* Support the plant manager in leading the external reputation and facilitate the community and governmental interaction and prepare required reports, requests for information and inquiry responses and facilitate governmental inspections, customer visits and company audits.
* Identify contractor support and talent needs and oversee onsite contractor activity and understand local risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control local environmental, health and safety risks with contractors.
* Develop suitable training content and delivery models in line with global, regional and legal requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify competence needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site specific demand and organize and provide appropriate training.
* Understand, implement and execute environmental, health and safety controls and programs and work processes such as risk identification and assessment, emergency action planning and incident management, agency inspections and audit and internal inspections to ensure they work as intended.
* Partner with plant manager and project leaders and the regional organization to promote and drive a strong environmental, health and safety culture in the facility team by building a mindset where a continuous improvement mentality is viewed as essential to success.
* Participate as a member of the site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance, understanding systems, integrated processes, regulatory issues and workforce conditions.
* Ensure strong alignment of environment, health and safety goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant manager.
* Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum of four years of related work experience
* Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
* Working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
* Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
* Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
* Experienced in Renewable Diesel, Steam reformation, Hydro processing and or a PSM regulated facility
* Vegetable Oil refining
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
* Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
* Prepare for audits, governmental inspections, customer visits, identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
* Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control environmental health and safety risks with contractors.