Scientist, Discovery Biology
Nested Therapeutics. Cambridge, MA
We are a Cambridge-based VC-backed biotech focused on discovering and developing the next generation of small molecule precision medicines. We are advancing drug discovery programs based on a platform that combines insights in cancer genomics, structural biophysics and chemical biology. Our lead programs target novel and differentiated mechanisms for pathways comprising the heartland of cancer research, and we are developing our platform to establish a robust target discovery engine.
We are seeking an energetic and scientifically motivated scientist to join the Nested team. The candidate will play a significant role in the development and implementation of our evolving platform approach to discover, characterize, and develop unique small molecule anti-cancer agents for the treatment of targeted patient populations. We seek a highly creative scientist with a background in cancer biology, cell biology, chemical biology and chemical genetics (with a focus in target identification and validation). This position offers an opportunity to contribute to an innovative multi-disciplinary platform approach in a fast-paced team environment.
* Serve as biology lead in our platform efforts by independently innovating and executing cell-based strategies that help establish a robust pipeline of new targets.
* Independently design, execute and interpret cell based experimental approaches in the target identification/target validation phases including characterizing mechanism of action, understanding target biology, and linking to downstream clinical path.
* Work closely with neighboring functions (data sciences, structural biology, computational chemistry, etc) as a part of a fast-paced and collaborative platform team.
* Interpret, present and report research findings at internal meetings
* Potential to manage and direct the activities of a team of research scientists
* PhD equivalent in Biology or other relevant discipline with 3+ years' experience or equivalent in a research laboratory in an academic and/or industry setting
* Significant knowledge of cancer biology, chemical genetics, and experience in small molecule cancer drug discovery
* Strong foundation in cancer biology and chemical biology techniques essential to driving projects forward such as human cancer cell line culturing, cell-based genetic engineering (RNAi, CRISPR, lentiviral overexpression), flow cytometry, and molecular biology (cloning).
* Proven track record for striving for high level of innovation and scientific excellence
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of empowering world class science and energizing teams
* Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
* Ability to work in a team-based environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter and CV to email@example.com