Why Work At Tekni-Plex
We are committed to embracing and empowering our people, collaborating to achieve results, simplifying our organization and work processes, accelerating productive innovation, and delivering market-led sustainable customer solutions - all while maintaining a safe work environment. Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow, and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in, and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future.
Opportunity Summary - Corporate Environmental Specialist
Responsible for planning, coordinating, completing, and delivering environmental support and services for a wide range of technical, environmental, and sustainability activities, directly and by supervision, in support of facility environmental programs and compliance, as well as Tekni-Plex global environmental & sustainability objectives. Manages and completes multiple projects including projects of low to medium complexity; leads and/or supports broader projects and program development support compliance and program needs of multiple facilities both within the US and internationally. Develops and maintains specific program areas within Tekni-Plex as assigned.
Here's a look at some of the work you'll be performing:
* Provide direct support, guidance, and oversight to Tekni-Plex facilities for environmental program development, coordination, and implementation.
* Identify opportunities to add value and support across Tekni-Plex and other outside agencies as appropriate.
* Support and lead the development and implementation of environmental compliance management systems, "tools", and processes at facilities including environmental compliance manuals/databases/tracking and management systems (i.e. Intelex).
* Track, interpret, summarize, and communicate applicable environmental regulations/requirements.
* Interface with plant and corporate personnel, customers and regulatory agencies to manage environmental issues.
* Work with external contractors/consultants and/or provide "project supervision" for small to medium scale projects as assigned.
* Provide objective assessments of facility environmental performance to the Global Director of Environmental Affairs and the applicable Operations Director. Develop recommended actions as appropriate.
* Provide support for the sustainability program through project work and assist in Scope 1 and 2 metrics tracking.
* Provide (either directly or through supervision) expert multi-media environmental research and guidance in specialized environmental areas.
* Identify, develop, and communicate "lessons-learned", best practices and effective tools and approaches to improve performance in environmental areas.
* Support development and execution of initiatives to improve both specific projects and broader group environmental & sustainability knowledge and awareness.
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Health & Safety, or Engineering is required and minimum 4 to 6 years of demonstrated HSE experience with a strong focus in environmental multi-media programs.
* Experience working in a manufacturing setting is highly recommended.
* Prefer experience concurrently supporting multiple sites domestically and internationally.
* Understanding of Sustainability function with an ESG framework approach.
* Environmental and/or Safety certifications a plus.
* A proven ability to implement innovative and sustainable cultural change.
* Ability to coach, influence and provide solutions to all levels of the organization.
* Ability to prioritize work, effectively handle multiple tasks and possess sound reasoning and problem solving skills.
* Strong computer and presentation skills a plus.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal/written).
* Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Tekni-Plex in the US.
* Ability to travel domestically 25% of the time (typically one week per month) with occasional travel twice a month. Minimal travel internationally.
* Retirement plan
* Life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Wellbeing program
* Bonus program eligible
* Healthcare plan