Amazing Direct Hire opportunity in Cincinnati, OH for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
In this role you will provide professional environmental, safety and health leadership and assistance to the our client's industrial facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.
* Provide strong leadership and active participation in safety processes such as hazard assessment and process design, while striving to continuously improve the HSE&S culture. Engage the entire employee population to energize the effort to improve performance.
* Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements and all Emerald Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
* Assure that Permits, Reports, Pollution Prevention Plans and other environmental requirements are complete, current, properly implemented in the operations and that reports are submitted in a timely manner. The environmental scope for the group includes all media - air, water and solid waste
* Assure HS&E recordkeeping system provides timely reporting both internally and to external agencies.
* Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental incidents are promptly and properly investigated, board of review write-ups are issued promptly and corrective action items are completed within the agreed upon time frame.
* Bachelor's degree in science/engineering. Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health Major
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is desirable
* Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP), or qualified to obtain certifications is desirable
* Minimum 15 years' experience, preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment
* Familiarity with environmental, health, safety and process safety regulations
* Must be able to deal with regulatory representatives and outside parties in a professional manner.