Microbiologists - Various levels
Kelly Science and Clinical is recruiting for several qualified microbiologists in St, Louis, MO. These positions are direct-hire and fully-benefitted and for a very reputable contract research analytical lab that dedicates its work to improving the quality of patient care through various pharmaceutical and microbiological testing. These positions from entry-level through experienced and are open to recent grads up to experienced individuals. Business is booming and the need to fill these exciting roles is immediate!
Responsibilities and Duties:
* The Microbiologist is responsible for (these duties are based on experience level also):
* The accurate and efficient execution of laboratory tests including aseptic processing of sterility tests in a cleanroom suite, particulate matter testing via use of a laser particle analyzer or microscopic examination, endotoxin testing, or other microbiology pharmaceutical testing.
* Collecting and presenting data in a well-reasoned and accurate manner and maintain the laboratory environment according to cGMP guidelines.
* Preparing of sterile pharmaceutical samples to determine sterility, presence of endotoxin, presence of particulate matter, or other microbial presence.
* Preparing of non-sterile pharmaceuticals for microbial presence.
* Preparing of medical devices for sterility, endotoxin or bioburden testing.
* Providing accurate test results on a timely basis.
* Maintaining control of test samples during the testing lifetime, including storage, transport, testing, and disposal.
* Reporting any Deviations and/or Nonconformities to Management.
* Engaging in laboratory Quality Event investigations when applicable.
* Identifying risks to efficiency and safety and provide feedback to management.
* Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Biology, Microbiology, or related field (required).
* BS in Biology from a certified ACS program (preferred).
Entry-level Microbiologists :
* Recent graduate with 0-2 years' experience in an analytical laboratory setting
* Experience with basic microbiology procedures such as streaking plates, pipetting, and sterile technique.
* Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* A fast learner, self-starter, mature, personable, and relates well to people at all levels.
* Hands-on experience with sterile membrane filtration (preferred).
* Hands-on experience with aseptic gowning procedures for an ISO 7 cleanroom (preferred)
* Knowledge and understanding of ISO/USP standards and guidelines (preferred).
* cGMP laboratory experience (preferred).
Intermediate and Upper-Level Microbiologists:
* 2+ years' experience working in a cleanroom environment.
* 2+ years' experience performing bioburden testing.
* Experience with controlled substances (DEA).
* Experience performing method suitability or validations.
* Experience in technical writing for SOPs.
* Experience developing methods for microbial pharmaceutical testing.
* Experience with Laser Particulate Analyzer instrumentation.
* Experience with Sterisart Peristaltic Pump use, maintenance, and qualification.
* Experience with neutralization of antibiotics, disinfectants, and cleaners for testing of microbial methods.
* Knowledge of validation requirements per USP and other regulatory agencies.
* Knowledge of USP & ISO standards and guidelines.
* Experience training Microbiologists
Pay : Depending on level of experience but attractive; no relocation and local candidates urged to apply.
Hours: This is a dayshift position, M - F, 8AM - 5PMCST - there is flexibility with scheduling and shifts
NOTE : There will be weekend rotation with one weekend day for environmental monitoring plate changeout- it would be up to one hour and times can be discussed amongst analysts
For more information or immediate consideration, contact Tierra.Barbour@kellyscientific.com or call 804-991-0745; you can also connect with me using the following link: https://calendly.com/connect-chat Schedule a meeting with me