Microbiologist - Long term contract- May go full time
TOP medical device manufacturing company
The position of QC Microbiologist I is responsible for routine and non-routine product and raw material testing, environmental monitoring (EM), utilities, cleaning surveillance (CS), growth promotion, microbial identification, antimicrobial effectiveness (AE), and general laboratory support.
USP 60, 61, 62 Testing Experience preferred
* Performs routine and non-routine sampling and testing of the products, raw materials, intermediates, pharmaceutical water systems, compressed gas systems, production lines, and environmental monitoring (EM) of the production facility.
* Conducts growth promotion testing on media used for microbiology analysis.
* Prepare solutions used for routine and non-routine analysis, such as reagents and culture media.
* Manages sample coordination prior to and following testing activities.
* Responsible for ordering and stocking supplies.
* Performs laboratory maintenance activities including but not limited to equipment preventative maintenance, calibration, disposal of waste, and cleaning laboratory areas.
* Performs other routine/non-routine duties as needed.
What you need
* Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Biology, or other related technical field
* 2+ years of experience in a GxP laboratory environment.
* The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong written and oral communication skills (English).
* Experience working in current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) or other cGxP environments.
* Experience with common laboratory equipment such as autoclaves, balances, graduated cylinders, etc.
* Experience with common microbiology culturing techniques and working in clean rooms.
* Experience conducting compendial microbial testing, preferred
* Experience working with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), preferred.