Encodia is a rapidly growing platform company that is developing a new generation of protein analysis tools based on single-molecule protein sequencing. Our goal is to make protein sequencing easy and ubiquitous by using a novel reverse-translation technology that turns peptide sequences into DNA. The DNA can be read by a DNA sequencer, providing a path to breakthrough proteomics research at a scale that is not practical or cost-effective using current technologies.
Encodia seeks a passionate Molecular Biology leader to drive programs as part of Encodia's platform.The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and hands-on expertise developing and utilizing chemical tools to probe complex biological systems, experience solving cutting edge problems, and possess the ability to navigate and establish research initiatives.
* Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of Encodia technology & platform(s).
* Serving as a people leader that can mentor and develop teams individually and collectively; cross functional and project leadership.
* Ensuring proactive analysis and reporting to management; providing insight and understanding relative to current and future strategic planning for the Molecular Biology department.
* Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the most recent innovations in Molecular Biology techniques and methods and applying these insights to innovations both within the Encodia Molecular biology department and across multidisciplinary project teams; proactively investigate and recommend new technologies and methods.
* Creating and executing research strategies and innovations within the Molecular biology department that lead to new and exciting discoveries for future Encodia products.
* Leading & participating in cross-functional research & development projects and discussions; providing scientific leadership and direction regarding activities related to Molecular Biology; act as in-house expert on matters of Molecular Biology.
* Coordinating with colleagues and project team leaders to ensure rapid achievement of objectives and overall product & business goals.
* Ensuring scientific integrity and rigor; ensure research data generated are well-controlled and interpreted appropriately; communicate regularly and openly with peers and leadership about findings and impact on research strategies.
* Ensure fiscal responsibility for Molecular Biology department budgeting, project planning, and hiring.
* Serve as the voice of the Molecular Biology team; interact directly with cross-functional project teams to ensure collaboration and successful outcomes.
* In collaboration with the People & Culture team, recruit, build, develop, manage, and lead a high-performing technical team in Molecular Biology.
* Create an environment of accountability and timely delivery of projects within Molecular Biology.
* Driving company and department culture of teamwork, collaboration, respect, and quality.
What you bring to this role
* PhD in molecular biology, cellular biology, or other related discipline
* 10+ years of experience in molecular biology for research tools, diagnostics, or other relevant life sciences product environment
* Management experience in molecular biology including mentoring and growing a team
* Strong history of driving innovation in new and disruptive life science products
* Ability to drive decision making & results in a cross-functional environment
* Ability to build and lead team members in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic culture
* Ability to understand and support all aspects of company's operations and apply insight to generate improvements within molecular biology team
* Experience leading a molecular biology department including strategy, budget planning and hiring
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical plans, dental insurance, vision plans, LTD, paid vacation, and a stock plan.
We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Encodia requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their start date. We will reasonably accommodate employees who cannot get vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs to the extent that any such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship for the company.
Don't meet every single requirement?
At Encodia, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this opportunity but you don't check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
You may be just the person we are looking for.