Who we are:
A VC-backed, clinical-stage, soon to launch start-up testing a novel hypothesis to treat cardiometabolic diseases. We are a small team of clinicians, geneticists, metabolic scientists, and industry veterans looking to forge new paths to address unmet medical needs. As a very enthusiastic group of thought leaders, we are having a ton of fun driving our programs forward while also executing deep dives into basic biology.
Who you are:
As a founding scientist, you will help conceptualize, design, and execute lab-based research at the cutting edge of drug development. You will also operate at the interface of human genetics, computational biology, and experimental medicine teams to prosecute discovery targets and advance existing programs. Driving efforts to validate novel therapeutics, you will lead biochemistry and cell biology efforts, design and execute experiments, and manage work being performed via collaborations and CROs. You will manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment to advance programs to the clinic.
* Manage projects to advance projects to Go/No Go decisions
* Collaborate cross-functionally to develop, optimize, validate and execute biochemical and/or cellular assays to support drug discovery projects, including assay development, and screening
* Provide high level guidance in designing and implementing cell biology, biochemistry and biomarker related studies for cardiometabolic diseases.
* Develop and manage relationships with collaborators and CROs.
* Have good communication skills, especially be capable of communicating effectively to discuss project progress, interpret and present data.
* Contribute to R&D efforts to develop and optimize a human adipocyte platform
* Develop human adipocyte biology models to prosecute potential human genetic targets, interrogate flux pathways, and validate large and small molecules
* Work with a cross-functional team, collaborators, and founders to advance programs in cardiovascular metabolism
* Design, execute and interpret experiments, as well as present data
* Provide creative solutions and demonstrate critical thinking
The ideal candidate has:
* A Ph.D. degree in cell biology, physiology, genetics, developmental biology, regenerative medicine, bioengineering or related discipline with a demonstrated interest in adipocyte biology and/or metabolism
* 2 years drug discovery experience at pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO or MS with 7-10.
* Solid background and training in his or her own fields of studies and in conducting research using the latest drug discovery technologies and advances in science.
* Candidate will be curious in exploring new paths for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
* Preference will be given to candidate with good knowledge and experience in molecular biology and/ or enzymology and track record of making contributions to advance projects from proof-of-concept in vivo onto clinical candidates
* Relevant postdoctoral training with a strong publication record
* Experience with and enthusiasm for cardiometabolic disease
* Experience with genetic manipulation, cell biology, and assay development
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* The ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
* The capacity to show adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced startup environment
* Integrity, drive and respect for all team members