Job Scope & Purpose:
Our client is developing a next-generation gene editing platform with the potential to transform gene therapy and cell engineering. The company is founded by leading CRISPR and gene editing pioneers from MIT and world-class investors using a novel platform developed at MIT. They are looking for a highly motivated Computational Biologist with broad skills in genomic analysis to join their Bioinformatics group. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues to establish methods on evaluation of efficacy and safety profile of our novel genome editing methods in vitro and in vivo.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Lead genomic analysis for gene editing quantification and profiling across therapeutic programs
* Explore, develop, document and maintain tailored algorithms/analysis methods for both short read sequencing and long read sequencing data (ONT and PacBio)
* Expedite recurring analysis requirement by deployment of one-click, well-designed, version-controlled pipelines
* Collect ideas, requests across the team, and translate into computational languages to design and develop database for metadata/results storage; design and implement interactive webpage for data visualization and promote data accessibility
* Interpret the data and communicate findings when needed
Primary Job Requirements:
* Ph. D with specialization in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
* 2+ years' experience, ideally direct industry experience in gene therapy or gene editing technologies
* Familiar with major NGS analysis algorithms or pipelines (Alignment tools, assembly, Amplicon analysis, Variant calling, etc.)
* Proficiency in molecular biology and major bioinformatics databases
* Experience with CRISPR, or other gene editing
* Cloud computing experience; docker, container registries
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.