Senior Scientist- Discovery Biology
Sai Life Sciences a leading global contract research and manufacturing organization that provides services to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. We are seeking innovative and highly motivated scientists to join our growing Early-Stage Discovery Biology team for a Senior Scientist (title commensurate with experience). This role will work collaboratively with members of the Sai Biology Group and will be responsible for the development, and implementation of in vitro experiments to address the unique needs of our individual partners with the goal to build lasting business relationships.
Role with be on site in Watertown, Massachusetts and candidates will be required to work on site. US Citizenship or work authorization will be required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* 3-5 years of industry experience required.
* Ph.D. with relevant private sector experience or master or bachelor's degree with 10 years' experience in experimental design.
* Experience in oncology, immunology, or neuroscience required.
* Experience in in vitro assays against diverse targets using multiple detection modalities with proficiency in analysis of assay readouts and statistical analysis
* Proven experience developing biochemical assays and adapting established assays for higher throughput applications
* Hands-on experience with the design and analysis of mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays
* Experience in medium-throughput screening methodologies and automation
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, independently troubleshoot and deliver results in fast paced environments
* Proven ability to effectively work in team environment across multiple projects
* Experience mentoring junior scientists & research associates in a private sector setting.
* Demonstrated adaptability and desire to learn new skills and core competencies
* Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with clear and effective communication skills to build positive relationships with our partners
* Deep sense of scientific excellence and integrity
Qualifications preferred but not required:
* Experience in stem cell biology and/or 3D cell culture
* Hands-on experience with flow cytometry to analyze immune cells
* Experience with SPR (Biacore 8000)
* Experience with Echo Liquid Handling for Cell-based assays
* Experience with high content microscopy and genetic target modulation (siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR)
· Vaccination Required
· Remote interview process
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.