Role And Responsibilities
CAE is the leader in Aviation training and is offering a unique opportunity in our Mesa, AZ location. We are seeking a highly motivated Environment, Health & Safety Clerk to join us! The incumbent will carry out the day to day operations of EHS department and contribute to the application of effective Environment, Health and Safety management by providing technical support and carrying out related facility projects.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
* Conduct EHS related trainings including new employee orientation, emergency response training and drills, heat illness training, first aid, and other trainings as necessary in collaboration with various departments.
* Collect and report EHS related metrics including hours worked, electricity usage, water, gas, and other environmental metrics.
* Conduct regular safety walks including supporting "Leadership in Action" walks with local leadership.
* Ensure compliance with safety procedures through collaboration with various departments.
* Oversee contractor management safety program by managing vetting of contractors through third-party service (Cogni-Box), reviewing job hazard analysis and conducting inspections of work.
* Follow up on hazard reports and identify solutions to mitigate hazards. This may include installation or replacement of materials within the facility.
* Identify potential hazards in work areas and develop mitigation plans.
* Ensure closure of action items released via "Learning from Event" publications from Global Environmental Safety and Health team.
* Ensure proper rollout of new programs released from the Global Environmental Safety and Health team including gap assessments, training, and self-audits.
* Support positive development of safety culture both in the maintenance department and the academic building.
* Manage supply of first aid kits and heat mitigation materials.
* Assist in management of supply of PPE.
* Conduct local safety committee meetings.
* Carry out special projects as needed
* Conduct light building maintenance including replacing ceiling tiles, painting walls, minor plumbing, and light bulb replacement.
* Manage fire suppression system and elevator inspection schedules.
* Moving office furniture
* Supporting janitorial services with maintaining supply of products.
* Support housing team as necessary
The ideal candidate that would have success in this role would have:
* 2-5 years of EHS experience
* Ability to apply EHS concepts to dynamic situations
* Excellent collaboration skills between multiple departments
* Be able to work mostly autonomously on EHS improvements, projects, and trainings.
* Experience creating and delivering trainings.
* Excellent use of Microsoft word, excel, outlook, and power point.
* Ability to complete manual labor tasks including lifting and moving 50lbs, working from a ladder, and utilizing power tools.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.