Road Ranger, a multi-state Travel Center company, is seeking to add an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator to its growing Human Resources Department. The EHS Coordinator is responsible for the overall environmental health and safety program covering the company's facilities, employees, and guests. The EHS Coordinator will craft, implement, and enforce policies and procedures aimed at improving safety, and will investigate, analyze, and administer claims for incidents as they occur. This position requires frequent travel throughout the United States.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Oversees the creation, implementation, and enforcement of the company's environmental health and safety program, policies, and procedures covering all field operations.
* Monitors risks and compliance with the program via regular facility inspections, visiting each company operating location at least once per year.
* Conducts regular training sessions on environmental health and safety topics.
* Responds to incidents by investigating cause and administering resulting insurance claims.
* Monitor trends, developments, and best practices to improve environmental health and safety program and to make operational recommendations to management.
* Administer the company's OSHA and other reporting and compliance requirements.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
* 1+ years' experience in administering environmental health and safety programs, preferably in retail or food service operations.
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health, Occupational Safety, or another relevant field preferred but not required.
* Must possess strong communication skills, including oral presentation to large groups.
* Highly professional and ethical with strong morals and integrity.
* Must be able to maintain strict levels of confidentiality.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work under pressure prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions under pressure
* Ability to travel regularly on company business.