The ideal candidate will be an expert in oncology-focused bioinformatics, and have direct experience analyzing and interpreting NGS datasets to help identify novel drug targets and biomarkers. The individual will possess a high level of motivation and collaboration to work with multiple project teams, interfacing directly with Discovery and Platform Biology and Translational Research to help advance novel drug targets through our pipeline.
* Work with Discovery and Translational scientists in the analysis of preclinical and clinical omics datasets to make novel discoveries at all phases of the drug discovery process
* Develop new methods and algorithms to identify and characterize alterations in tumor DNA and RNA derived from pre-clinical and clinical cancer specimens
* Mine publicly available and proprietary oncology-focused omics databases to make novel insights and generate new hypotheses
* Interpret results and build effective tools to present findings to project teams in clear and concise manner
* Act as an internal thought leader on data analysis for target discovery and translational efforts
* Organize and maintain cloud-based infrastructure for storage and maintenance of NGS data and pipelines
* PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, or biological sciences with a combined 4+ years bioinformatics experience in postdoctoral and biotech/pharma industry setting
* Extensive experience in cancer biology pathway analysis, gene signature identification, statistical modeling, and biomarker identification using multi-omics datasets
* Experience in mining and analysis of oncology omics databases, such as TCGA, cbioportal, Foundation Medicine Insights, etc.
* Expertise in R and Bioconductor, cloud computing in AWS environment, and modern scripting languages
* Proficiency in building custom data visualization tools, such as R Shiny
* Detail-oriented and well organized with the ability to organize and maintain detailed records, databases, and pipelines
* Ability to communicate clearly and decisively in an open, timely manner
* A sense of adventure and excitement to help build a successful biotech company and work in a highly dynamic research environment