Lead and train Associate Microbiologist in conducting all required laboratory functions including various assays, microbial content testing and identification techniques to determine acceptability of all materials used or produced within the plant, and Good Laboratory Practices. Monitors sanitation requirements of the plants facilities, performs environmental studies and maintains Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's) in documentation and record keeping. Help coordinate departmental investigational projects and issue reports as needed. Performs facility audits for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) maintaining Federal and Corporate requirements.
* Review and approve al results obtained from the microbial content and microorganisms' identification from raw material, bulk and finished product. Interpret test results and provide disposition/recommendations. Ensure that appropriate testing procedures are followed, and necessary controls and records are maintained.
* Responsible for microbiological quality evaluation of the D.I. water system through routine sampling and testing. Evaluates results and recommends corrective actions when required.
* Create the program to monitors the microbiology manufacturing and laboratory site environment, identifying potential problem areas. Recommends and assists in implementing effective corrective measures.
* Maintain records of all tests performed, methods used and final disposition according to Standard Operating Procedures.
* Perform trend analysis of the microbial results obtained in the critical systems (DI water, Environment).
* Monitors the effectiveness of cleaning and sanitizing procedures, recommends appropriate changes in conjunction with Operations and Corporate Microbiology which improves cleaning/sanitation and prevents contamination.
* Performs all necessary cleaning and sanitization validation studies for new products and new equipment with Corporate Microbiology direct communication.
* Provide guidance concerning equipment cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
* Perform internal laboratory and facility GMP audits as required assuring compliance with Corporate and Federal Regulations.
* Report monthly key parameter indicators (KPI) of the Microbiology area and GMP's.
* Assist in developing programs to educate personnel in GMP/GLP procedures. Provide training and communication on these topics across the site.
* Maintain departmental stock cultures.
* Develop protocols for investigational projects.
* Assist in preparing media, reagents and materials as needed for laboratory testing.
* Coordinate and authorize laboratory purchases, verify lab supplies inventory and maintain equipment service contracts and calibrations.
* Ensure proper disposition of all bulk, semi and finished goods in SAP including product returns and inspection/dispositions of all 3rd party goods receipts.
* Ensure proper disposition of all biohazard materials coming from the laboratory testing.
* Participate actively attending any Microbiology Audit received from Corporate, Client or Federal Agency.
* Create, review for content, and revise procedures/work instructions/forms related to Microbiology, Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices through Quality Management System (QMS) under bi-annual basis or as required.
* Inform management of potential problems, their remedial measures and other pertinent information through oral and written communication.
* Other duties as required.
Knowledge And Skills Required
* 3-5 years experience in Industrial Microbiology, preferred in cosmetic, pharmaceutical or food.
* Knowledgeable in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements (FDA 21 CFR 210 & 211 preferred).
* Knowledge of microbiological identification procedures/equipment, GMP, GLP, water treatment and sanitization procedures/regulations.
* The position requires formal education in Microbiology and experience in cosmetic, pharmaceutical or food microbiology. In depth knowledge of cosmetic raw materials, formulations, microbiological test procedures, in addition, the ability to develop and improve laboratory procedures is critical.
* History of successful problem-solving; ability to organize and draw reasonable conclusions from experimental results and other diagnostic tools to correct defects and improve system performance.
* Ability to independently read, interpret, and apply a variety of procedures, regulations, and technical manuals.
* Excellent research, analysis, and documentation skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
* Demonstrated capacity for process-based critical thinking.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills, including written, visual, and spoken communication; capable of interacting effectively with individuals and teams at all levels at Revlon facilities throughout the world and with external contacts (such as suppliers and contract services) on subjects related to the position.
* Ability to direct, plan, organize, assign, review and evaluate the work of subordinates.
* Ability to serve as an effective collaborator, coach and influencer across the organization.
* Capable of firmly upholding the integrity of the quality system while displaying consideration of operational functioning
* Skilled in performing mathematical computations relating to inspection, manufacturing, and defects.
* Proficient in use of word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and other computer software applications (SAP experience preferred).
Minimum Education Required
* Bachelor Science degree in Microbiology