HBK Engineering is searching for an entry to mid-level environmental scientist who has an interest in working in the Power Industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and a wide range of growth opportunity.
As a Wetland / Environmental Scientist You Will Support And Help Build The Environmental Team Focused On
This position offers the opportunity to be a part of a project team that is involved in pre-construction field surveys and permitting at the Federal, State and local levels.
* Distribution and transmission lines, renewable energy, pipelines and associated facilities
* Environmental surveys
* NEPA documentation
* Permitting at the federal, state and local levels
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
* Wetland determinations and delineations in accordance with USACE protocols
* Documentation to support associated USACE permitting efforts
* Threatened and endangered species habitat assessments
* Documentation for and coordination with federal and state agencies to acquire natural resource permits
Primary Position Objective
The ideal candidate should be able to independently perform environmental assessment tasks and investigations, prepare reports, and perform other related activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of environmental issues, principles, procedures, and practices commonly employed in the specific narrow areas of assignment.
General Characteristics Of The Position
* Involved in report preparation to identify trends and assess or evaluate environmental impacts.
* Serves as an environmental project team leader on multidiscipline projects with the ability to make recommendations within the scope of the individual's experience and training.
* Conducts and participates in project reviews or task meetings.
* Typical duties and responsibilities may include:
* Serving as environmental support on assigned projects
* Developing broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area.
* Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
* Collaboratively using judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments
* Working on small projects or portions of larger projects.
* Reviews and evaluates existing data, collects field data, performs research of available literature, and consults with professionals in various fields to identify and/or evaluate environmental issues, problems, and new or revised regulations.
* Prepares some technical scope portions of proposals and assists with preparation and research of required information
* Prepares portions of project documents
* Edits specifications
* Performs research and investigations
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required for use in completing assignments.
* May serve as Task Manager for phases of individual revenue-producing projects within scope of experience.
* Typical duties and responsibilities may include:
* Serving as a project environmental team leader on projects within scope of experience
* Coordinating and directing staff on assigned projects
* Assigning tasks and coordinating work with entry-level professional, technical and administrative staff
* Assisting in determining schedule and budget requirements
* Performs work independently and generally reviewed upon completion by senior staff.
* Receives instruction on specific objectives.
* Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, as well as possible solutions.
* Receives a thorough review of completed work for application of sound professional judgement.
* Possess effective oral, presentation and written communication skills.
* Exhibits positive teambuilding interaction with other associates and project team members.
* Work may require contact with representatives of local, state, and federal agencies, as well as other related organization
* When necessary, attends client meetings with supervisor in order to develop client interaction and presentation skills
* Assists with client, customer or official contacts and communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
* Serves as a trusted company ambassador while operating in an ethical and safe manner.
Education And Work Experience
* Requires an accredited bachelors or master's degree in environmental science, ecology, environmental planning, or related field required.
* Familiarity with GIS preferred.
* Requires 2+ years prior work experience within the field and specialty required for the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear.
* The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
* The associate is frequently required to work outdoors for prolonged periods of time under a variety of weather conditions (up to 10 hours). Specific physical abilities required include walking on un-level grounds in varied topographies and sometimes unfavored environments.
* The employee must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours). Associate is occasionally required to sit and stoop. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time