Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Research Associate- Molecular Biology for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier Pharmaceutical Services clients in South San Francisco, CA .
* Provide viral vector core services, which include lentiviral library production, Adeno-associated virus (AAV) production and viral vector analytics.
* Maintain virus inventory and registry using informatics platform such as the Benching system.
* Assist with viral vector technology development and application for in vitro or in vivo genome engineering.
* Work independently within a dynamic, highly collaborative research environment.
Required Skills :
* MS/PhD degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Virology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related discipline with 3+ years of laboratory research experience.
* Proficient in mammalian cell culture and general molecular biology techniques such as transient plasmid transfection, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR and Western blot.
* Working experiences with lentivirus or AAV production and application, CRISPR technology for genome editing are highly desirable.
* Experiences with flow cytometer operations and electronic notebook are also a plus.
* Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytical, highly organized, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.