Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Wood Mackenzie Power and Renewables provides integrated subscription, research and advisory services to inform and support our client's commercial and strategic decisions in the complex and rapidly changing electric power industry.
Combining our deep knowledge of solar, wind, storage, and grid technologies, with our global power and fuels modeling and analytical capabilities, Wood Mackenzie can provide data and insight spanning supply chain, technology costs, policy and market issues, fundamentals-based outlooks, price forecasting, asset valuation, and commodity market issues.
This role will serve as part of Wood Mackenzie's Power & Renewables Practice, with a focus on solar technology, supply chain, and system cost. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and make a major contribution to energy transition at a global scale. Combining propriety data with market simulation tools and models we help our clients understand market trends in solar technology, hardware procurement, costs and prices. Wood Mackenzie directly serves clients who are responsible for the success of their firms' technology roadmap, competitive positioning, product marketing, and go-to market strategies.
The Senior Research Analyst will focus on the solar module supply chain, support the development and operation of databases, models, data platforms and reports for our growing solar systems and technology coverage. These responsibilities will include collecting market intelligence related to solar module supply chain technologies, component pricing, PV market supply-demand balance, and manufacturing capacity expansion/consolidation trends. The analyst will use the data and intelligence to generate market insights and build analytical models to produce market forecasts. The Research Analyst will be the owner of solar module supply chain market coverage and will contribute to solar system pricing analysis for two regions globally. The analyst will also be the main point of contact with industry stakeholders and clients in the coverage area.
* Lead on the development of original market analysis on solar module technology evolution, cost and pricing forecast, supply chain, vendor landscape, and international trade dynamics.
* Contribute to market analysis on solar system costs and technology trends globally.
* Own the development and improvement of Wood Mackenzie's proprietary analytical models that underpin the market coverage.
* Produce market reports and industry insight pieces.
* Strengthen the data apparatus through surveys, interviews, and secondary research. Refresh the analytical models with updated data on a regular basis.
* Build a strong relationship with industry stakeholders. Engage with them through frequent conversations, conference presentations, webinars and one-on-one briefings.
* Provide high-quality client service to research subscribers through responding to inquiries, one-on-one conversations, and special events.
* Collaborate with peers across Wood Mackenzie to support research reports, conferences, marketing services and editorial coverage.
* Be a thought leader of solar systems and technology. Author insight pieces for clients and the broader industry. Present Wood Mackenzie's research at industry events around the globe.
Knowledge And Experience
* Intimately familiar with the solar module supply chain and major vendors. Have a good understanding of module manufacturing processes and an ability to translate it into a cost model to generate a cost and pricing forecast.
* Strong technical background. Knowledgeable about solar module technologies and how they interact with inverters and trackers. Understand the major technology trends, pros and cons of each technology type and their competitive position in the market.
* Experienced with doing market research using public data and proprietary data.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Interested in using both qualitative and quantitative methods to answer market questions.
* Self-driven. Capable of switching between the roles of an individual contributor and a collaborator.
* Superb communication skills. Comfortable interacting with clients and industry stakeholders.
* An engaging nature, capable of connecting with co-workers, clients and industry stakeholders in a wide range of professional settings.
* A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of a wider business landscape.
* Superior writing skills.
* At least two years of experience working in the solar or power industry. Passionate about the renewable industry and energy transition.
* Knowledge of solar technologies and supply chain
* Issue identification and problem-solving
* Building analytical models, manipulating and illustrating data.
* Planning, implementation
* Determined and resilient
* Continuous improvement
* Building and maintaining relationships
* Personal impact
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone's contribution and help them reach their full potential while maintaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our Core Values Are
* Respect for the Individual
* Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements that enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran's status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.