Senior Director / Vice-President of Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
The client is a Boston based Biotech business, with venture capital backing, that makes RNA therapies that educate specific cells in the body how to develop their own therapies. RNA technology has proven to be incredibly helpful in creating vaccinations against a variety of diseases rapidly. They are developing the RNA therapy of the future and it fixes a crucial issue with cancer cell selectivity, that many oncology medications face. The company are affiliated with a number of academic research labs and industry companies within the Biotech and Pharma space.
For its computational biology team, the client are looking for a Senior Director / VP that is extremely motivated. The chosen candidate will work with data scientists and bioinformaticians to find useful RNA sequence properties for future therapies. The chosen applicant must be able to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced biotech environment. The ideal applicant will have good communication skills, be a strong team player, and have an inspiring leadership style.
* Demonstrates leadership and proficiency in design, analysis, and reporting on both a strategic and tactical/technical level.
* Delivering whole bioinformatics services, from project design to data delivery, is your responsibility.
* Accountable for transferring prototype analysis pipelines into production, as well as maintaining and upgrading current production analysis pipelines.
* Work cooperatively to plan, coordinate, and carry out the overall research and development plans with members of the SAB and internal and external cross-functional teams.
* Work independently and creatively to glean important insights from open data sources.
* At important scientific conferences, present your research findings both internally and externally.
* Assist in the creation of manuscripts and IP filings
* Utilize network biology technologies in a novel way to help wet lab scientists find new targets.
* a Ph.D. in computational biology or bioinformatics with at least seven years of experience working in the biopharmaceutical industry
* Preferred knowledge of RNA biology, bash/shell scripting proteomics, transcriptomics, and genomics analyses
* proficiency with standard computational biology tools and commonly used programming languages, such as Python, R, Perl, or C/C++
* A plus is having knowledge of cloud-based workflow managers and analyses (Nextflow is preferred).
* Good understanding of capabilities and limits of the modern machine learning techniques and deep learning
* Compensation: Pay is in line with experience.
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance (full employee premium, 50% for dependents)
* 401(k), life insurance
* Vacation time: 120 hours for the first two years, and one extra day after that.
* Important holidays, including Christmas week
* Events for employees, game nights, employee appreciation, birthday and anniversary parties, a culture committee, and a book club