Who we are:
A VC-backed, clinical-stage, pre-launch start-up focused on treating cardiometabolic diseases. We are a small team of clinicians, geneticists, metabolic scientists, and industry veterans looking to forge new paths to address unmet medical needs.
Who you are:
An integral member of our developing biology team establishing our antibody screening assay capabilities. In this key role, you will generate cell lines and conduct assays for screening candidate antibodies and other recombinant biologics from pipeline projects. You will be at the interface of human genetics, computational biology, and development teams to support our programs.
* Develop and optimize enzymatic and kinetic assays for selection and optimization of antibody programs
* Use established cell lines to run functional assays for screening antibodies and other candidate molecules
* Optimize binding (e.g., ELISA, flow cytometry) and functional assays (e.g., luminescent and fluorescent reporter cell assays, receptor internalization, live-cell imaging, qPCR, etc.) for antibody characterization
* Collaborate effectively across different functional groups to achieve goals within project timelines
* Analyze data, prepare reports and technical presentations to communicate progress to project teams
The ideal candidate has:
* Expertise in biochemical and enzymatic assay development
* Cell biology experience propagating mammalian cell lines
* Molecular biology skills including PCR, cloning strategies, CRISPR, etc.
* Expertise in conducting and optimizing assays for antibody characterization and functional screening using FACS, ELISA, luminescence/fluorescent cell-based assays, and live cell imaging
* Experience with HTRF (Luminex)-based assays
* Able to independently design, execute and interpret experiments, and master new experimental techniques
* Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to multi-task and work within timelines
* PhD, MS, or BS with relevant industry experience