Are you a leader in cancer biology who is looking for new, exciting, novel biology to make a major impact in treating cancer? We are working with a preclinical stage drug discovery company developing therapeutics against a novel class of enzymes implicated in age-related disorders including neurodegeneration and cancer. They are looking for an Associate Director/Director of Cell Biology who has extensive hands-on experience with oncology and/or immuno-oncology. This individual will lead the cell biology group in early discovery biology and drug discovery. They will apply functional genomic, cell biology, and molecular biology techniques to better understand the activity that this novel class of enzymes play in cancer biology. Reporting to the SVP Biology / Head of Oncology the ideal candidate will be able to conduct high quality, creative bench-level work while also understanding the big picture and how to support programs efficiently.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
● Lead the cell biology team supporting multiple discovery programs, by developing, executing, and analyzing experiments related to oncology and immuno-oncology
● Establish novel cellular assays to support translational development by providing both in vitro proof-of-concept and quantitative read-outs that advance preclinical development of therapeutic compounds including in vitro proliferation and cytotoxicity studies
● Work collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams and external groups to coordinate and drive studies
● Document work in timely and complete manner electronically and in e-notebooks.
● Provide clear communication of results orally and in written format.
● Help build a culture of scientific excellence, integrity and urgency that encourages "out of the box" thinking and bold new ideas.
● Biology, Pharmacology or related scientific degree. Advanced degree preferred.
● Ph.D + 12-14 years of oncology and/or immuno-oncology experience (including postdoctoral work) Or MS+ 14-16 years or BS with 15-17 years in oncology.
● Industry experience managing cell biology research with direct reports in oncology
● Ability and willingness to perform experiments as needed
● Experience with multi-color flow cytometry, cytoxicity and proliferation assays
● General knowledge of biochemical and molecular techniques
● Ability to work both independently and as an integrated leader in a small team environment
● Detail-oriented, proficient in oral and written communication
● Research experience in additional therapeutic areas is a plus
● Experience with orthotopic and subcutaneous xenograft and syngeneic in vivo studies desired.
● Experience in experimental approaches such as 2D and 3D cell culture and screening techniques
● Other plus factors include experience in tumor immunophenotyping, T-cell activity assays, tumor metabolism, NGS, high dimensional flow cytometry, qPCR, single cell RNASeq, immunohistochemistry, CiteSeq, and big data analysis tools
MUST be a N. American resident with current, unrestricted US work authorization and be in (or willing to relocate to) the San Francisco Bay area with relo assistance. For further details contact Dr. Barbara Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone by 619-271-8882.