To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented Scientist to join the Bay Area Institute of Science at Altos Labs. The position is part of a team that seeks to ask big questions and generate new knowledge related to fundamental biological processes. Thus far, the team has studied the molecular, genetic, and circuit mechanisms underlying complex behaviors associated with health and disease and how to treat them. One of the primary pathways discovered related to this is the integrated stress response (ISR), a conserved stress-signaling pathway that tunes mRNA translation and proteome stability. Another primary pathway of interest is how the gut microbiome influences brain function and behaviors (i.e., the gut-microbiota-brain axis), which resulted in the discovery that L. reuteri reverse social deficits in mouse models for Autism spectrum disorder. The team's work at Altos leverages expertise in these areas, and delves into new areas, to address and reverse age-related diseases.
What we offer:
* A state-of-the-art and vibrant research institute located in the San Francisco Bay Area that will expose you to a team of world-class scientists with a broad range of expertise.
* A novel hybrid approach to research combining the best of both the academic and industrial worlds (i.e. the freedom of academia and the resources of industry).
* Access to cutting-edge infrastructure and technical support that will allow you to focus entirely on your project(s).
Major responsibilities include :
* In collaboration with the PI, develop an ambitious project(s) centered on regulation of protein synthesis and the impact on cellular health and rejuvenation.
* Think creatively and independently while designing and conducting experiments.
* Communicate your findings to Altos Labs and other scientists as needed through high-quality publications and posters/presentations.
Who You Are
* PhD in a relevant discipline.
* Documented record of professional achievement in the form of impactful publications.
* Experience in any of a range of cutting-edge experimental approaches including optogenetics, advanced imaging, high-throughput screening, CRISPR technology, proteomics, chemical biology, molecular biology, electrophysiology, stem cell biology, bioinformatics/artificial intelligence, and behavioral techniques.
* Experience working in or tangential to protein synthesis regulation, cellular stress responses and related pathways (i.e. mRNA translation, uORF control of mRNAs, mRNA structure/function, mTOR signaling, etc.).
* Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Google and Microsoft apps.
Job ID 286
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning, and Belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/