Job description - Senior Scientist, Computational Biology
Xellar Biosystems (Xellarbio) is a fast-growing AI + Wetlab, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning combined with large-scale wet-lab experiments, biotech company with huge market potential, tackling the most challenging problem in modern drug discovery - harnessing the complexity of human biology to accelerate drug discovery and development. We are currently located in Cambridge, MA.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist in computational biology for this role. The successful candidate will partner with a cross-functional team of scientists and engineers to deliver state-of-art ML solutions to address the most pressing drug discovery and development needs. As a critical member of our development team, you will be at the center of innovation at Xellarbio. You will define the strategy for harnessing cutting-edge AI methods to enhance our drug discovery and development efforts to meet overall company objectives. You will lead a team of ML experts and data scientists to design, execute, and maintain data processing and predictive biology pipelines to advance our core technology in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. You will present technical findings/results in scientific meetings/conferences, with experimental scientists across research, external collaborators, partners, and other stakeholders. As a Xellarer, you will be an integral part of a fast-growing dynamic team at the cutting-edge of translating novel biotechnologies into medicine. It's time to ignite a new era in improving human healthcare.
· Use image processing software, such as ImageJ, cell profiler, to analyze high content 2D/3D cell images, perform quantitative analysis, and create data visualization
· Design, develop and validate statistical analysis models and machine learning solutions using multimodal data including cellular imaging and multi-omics from our proprietary platform
· Interact with the Disease Biology Team to evaluate project needs and provide insight towards process optimization to refine models for the predictive biology pipeline
· Interact with the Microcopy team and Automation team to improve image workflow, imaging data transfer, and overall data quality
· Lead the effort to develop algorithms and statistical models to understand and characterize biological processes using cellular imaging information, including shape, function, relationship with each other, and their environment
· Prototype, train, and validate novel machine learning algorithms in partnership with biological scientists to generate powerful insights related to disease pathophysiology, target identification, and optimization of therapeutic agents.
· Independently build project plans to deliver projects from conceptualizing the research questions, data feasibility, study design, and analysis to the final presentation to senior cross-functional leaders and publication
· Lead projects through all stages (ideation, planning, execution, and delivery)
· Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
· Extensive knowledge of microscopy and advanced Bioscience technologies, such as fluorescent microscopy
· Experience with omics data analysis (RNA seq, proteomics, spatial transcriptomics, etc.) and computer vision
· Experience working with large data sets, preferably in a drug discovery setting, experience with imaging data analysis is a plus
· Experience with Unix/Linux, HPC, and cloud computing environments
· Expertise in one or more programming languages, including Python, R, Java, C++, or related software environments; Data visualization with R/Bioconductor
· Experience with cellular or sub-cellular image processing, such as CellProfiler is a plus
· Expertise with tools and libraries for ML, including PyTorch, TensorFlow, and JAX is a plus
· Demonstrated track record of applied machine learning and data science through publications in top tier peer-reviewed journals and presentations in national or international conferences
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Xellarbio is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted - via online globally available channels - in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
Interested candidates, please forward their resumes/CVs to email@example.com