Responsible for environmental support to ensure compliance with environmental requirements and responsible operation for all Stimson's facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works closely with plant and regional management to provide general environmental technical and compliance support (30%).
* Analyzes proposed projects for environmental permitting impacts. (5%).
* Identifies and communicates existing and new environmental requirements to management and relevant personnel; keeps management aware of environmental issues at the plants (15%).
* Evaluates plant environmental performance and recommends improvements; evaluates vendor competency and approves products or services (10%)
* Serves as primary contact with local environmental regulatory personnel and coordinates responses to regulatory inquiries (15%).
* Prepares and/or reviews compliance plans and documents (10%).
* Reviews and comments on draft permits and communicates final requirements to facilities (10%)
* Implements and maintains environmental task tracking system (5%).
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Knowledge of environmental management; familiarity with state and federal environmental regulations applicable to Stimson operations.
* Skills in use of computer spread sheets; negotiating with regulatory agencies; supervision of contractors.
* Excellent communication skills with ability to write environmental compliance documentation and reports
* Good organizational skills and project management skills
* Ability to operate with minimal supervision while prioritizing and executing multiple projects and competing demands at multiple locations.
* Ability to work effectively and respectfully with all levels of company personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a four-year degree in a science related discipline and at least 5 years of field experience in environmental management with multiple facilities.