• Conduct Phase II ESA field sampling, data evaluation, and report writing.
• Conduct field sampling activities, including, but not limited to, soil sampling, surface water sampling, groundwater sampling, soil vapor sampling and stormwater sampling.
• Provide environmental and contractor oversight and logging for soil borings and monitoring well installations, using Geoprobe and drill rig methodologies.
• Conduct sampling and contractor oversight during underground storage tank (UST) removals sand various remediation projects.
• Attend designated meetings and work with a diverse group of colleagues and clients.
• Plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
• Perform other duties as needed to support functional or department operations.
• Prepare reports and regulatory permits and approvals in compliance with environmental laws.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or related Engineering degree
• A minimum of three years of experience performing field sampling activities.
• OSHA 40-hour certification and current 8-hour refresher certification are preferred.
• Michigan and Ohio regulatory experience is highly desired.
• BUSTR experience is highly desired.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills
• Technical proficiency with computers and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent professional interpersonal skills in order to interact directly with clients and handle sensitive and confidential situations
• Ability to travel frequently on regional day trips and up to 30% overnight, depending on the project.
• A valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
Successful completion of a pre-employment physical, drug screen and motor vehicle and criminal background checks