Latigo Biotherapeutics, Inc. (LatigoBio) is seeking a Research Associate I to work on target validation experiments to strengthen our portfolio of novel analgesic programs. The candidate will design, execute and analyze molecular, biochemical and/or cellular biology experiments to understand how targets of interest are involved in human pain biology.
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, be inquisitive with a passion for science, have an eye for attention to detail and demonstrate a willingness to learn in a team environment.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
* Execution of molecular, biochemical and/or cell-based assays to characterize the biological activities of new targets and mechanism(s) of action in pain circuitry.
* Implementation of pharmacological assays to support screening, lead identification, lead optimization and clinical candidate selection.
* Assisting team members to conduct time-sensitive experiments.
* Proper documentation of experiment results and record keeping in lab notebooks.
* Compliance with all company policies, safety procedures and SOPs.
* Critical analysis and interpretation of data. Preparation and presentation of research results in both oral and written formats.
* General lab duties such as reagents preparation, stocking supplies, equipment maintenance, cleaning, and shipping and receiving.
Bachelor's degree with relevant scientific experience.
Preferred experience and skills
* B.S. in biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, pharmacology or related disciplines.
* Laboratory maintenance that includes ordering, stocking of laboratory supplies and reagents.
* High level of proficiency with mammalian cell culture and standard methods such as aseptic technique, transfection, cell line generation and cryopreservation. Experience with primary culture is highly desirable but not required. Experience with the use of human tissues/samples is a plus.
* Experience with developing, validating and implementing biochemical and cell-based assays, including but not limited to western blot, ELISA, Luminescence/Fluorescence plate-based assays.
* Proficiency in data acquisition, documentation and data analysis
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to present research results in both written and oral formats.
* Demonstrated learning agility and intellectual curiosity.
* Team-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional colleagues in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
LatigoBio is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Latigo Biotherapeutics, Inc.:
LatigoBio is a private, early-stage biotechnology company discovering and developing the next generation of non-opioid medicines for pain and pain-related syndromes to transform the lives of patients. Latigo has a robust pipeline, is well-funded by blue chip investors, and has a highly successful management team and Board of Directors. The company was founded in 2019 and is based on Thousand Oaks, CA. We are science-based, patient-focused, and forward-thinking.