The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based planning and design, is seeking exceptionally well qualified candidates within the fields of land use and environmental planning and permitting. Successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished scientists, planners, engineers, arborists, and landscape architects in a growing 39-year-old employee-owned company based in Kirkland, Washington.
This is considered a hybrid job that is primarily remote.
Duties and Expectations
* Ability to juggle competing demands and identify critical path
* Interacting and communicating with clients, regulators, and staff at all levels
* Lead project teams, including subconsultants on complex projects, including comprehensive plans and shoreline master program updates
* Assist with development of environmental policy that protects natural resources in concert with the interests of people and communities to create sustainable solutions
* Preparation of environmental permits and documentation, including Section 404/401, HPA, shoreline, critical area permits, SEPA/NEPA, and preparation of Environmental Impact Statements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Occasional travel in locations across the Pacific Northwest
* Valid driver's license and good driving record
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience performing above duties
* Bachelor's degree in planning, environmental science, or a related field
* Experience in long-range planning, including comprehensive planning under GMA and shoreline master program updates. Additional land use planning experience is preferred.
* Strong understanding of Washington State's environmental and land use laws
* Experience with local, state, and federal permitting
* Ability to work cooperatively on multidisciplinary projects
* Experience in oral presentations
Salary and Benefits
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, continuing education, performance bonuses, retirement program with future matched payments and opportunities for ownership.
The Watershed Company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and respected. Individuals of all cultures, communities, abilities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.