A global industrial manufacturing company is seeking a Real Estate and Environmental Services Manager to provide expertise and support to the business in the areas of air, water, waste, and land management. This includes ensuring the implementation and on-going improvement of environmental performance within the business, consistent with the corporate priorities and policies as well as compliance to relevant regulation. This position provides functional and technical support for effective management of land and leasehold assets and environmental training and program expertise. The manager performs audits and responds to inquiries and inspections from local, state, and federal agencies.The Role:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Advise operations on environmental regulatory requirements and provide technical support as needed
- Keeps current and familiar with the operating status of assigned sites anticipating and resolving potential or actual environmental compliance issues
- Keep current with local, state, and federal environmental legal requirements and monitor developments and changes
- Support Operations in implementing and maintaining an ISO14001-consistent Environmental Management System
- Provide day to day presence in the field and understand local issues
- Deliver environmental training programs and ensure adequate records are maintained
- 3+ years experience with land & parcel assessments, acquisitions, and sales
- Experience managing property lot leases & drafting of leases
- Knowledge of Land Remediation Environmental regulations & programs
- Strong knowledge of Phase 1 an Phase 2 Environmental Assessments
- B.S. degree in Real Estate or Environmental-related fields
Company DescriptionAt Shirley Parsons, we enable clients to optimize their operational performance by delivering reliable and efficient EHS solutions.
In 2005, a small team founded a specialized recruiting business that was committed to building a safe, sustainable, and prosperous world. Over the last 16 years at Shirley Parsons, we have worked tirelessly for our community of clients and candidates, solidifying our position as the go-to source for EHS talent around the globe.
As our reputation has grown, so have the career opportunities available to our employees; we have diversified our business to include subscription and EHS management consulting services, and now have more than 300 associates delivering for partners across 3 continents.