* Responsibilities: Working closely with a multidisciplinary team to execute microbiology measurements according to protocols/SOPs.
* Conducting molecular/Microbiology biology experiments, including:
* Plasmid construction using Gibson/Golden Gate or similar methods
* Chromosomal edits using lambda red or similar techniques
* Sample preparation for DNA sequencing
* Designing and analyzing constructs using DNA analysis software such as Geneious
* Plate based growth experiments
* Documenting protocols, results, and data using an electronic lab notebook.
BS degree in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or similar.
1 year or more of relevant industry (preferred) or academic research experience.
Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as DNA, RNA, and protein purification, PCR, qPCR, sterile technique.
Experience with basic cloning techniques such as plasmid purification, restriction enzyme digestion/ligation, non-ligase cloning techniques, next generation cloning techniques such as Gibson and Golden Gate cloning.
Demonstrated knowledge of aseptic technique for bacterial cell culturing.
Ability to execute experiments independently, troubleshoot molecular techniques, and evaluate data of moderate complexity.
Experience with performing general/routine laboratory duties such as preparing media reagents, basic maintenance of equipment, management of waste disposals.
Exemplary written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including the ability to maintain detailed and accurate laboratory documentation and present results effectively.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary lab environment.
Experience with modern high throughput molecular assays (e.g., NGS).
Demonstrated experience with bacterial cell culture and relevant assays.
Familiarity with analytical and computational methods for analyzing molecular biology data.
Experience with developing and executing molecular biology techniques for gene expression analysis, such as qPCR and RNAseq.