Atlas is seeking a Principal Scientist - Environmental Compliance Manager to join our growing teams in either our Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA or San Diego, CA office. The ideal candidate will have 20+ years of extensive experience managing environmental compliance projects for public and private sector clients and an excellent reputation for maintaining and building client relationships. The position will be responsible for the management of environmental compliance projects; supervision and mentoring of project managers and field staff; preparation and review of technical proposals, cost estimates and reports; and business development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: (List duties or tasks critical to success)
The primary responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Manage local, regional and national client projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and provide quality assurance/quality control during the preparation of technical proposals and deliverables.
* Develop and update plans, reports, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, solid waste, hazardous materials, spill prevention, aboveground storage tanks, underground storage tanks, storm water, and wastewater programs including, but not limited to:
* RMPs, Title V Permits, mobile emission source registrations, air emission inventories, GHG reporting and verifications, EPCRA Tier 2 hazardous material inventories, TRIs, storm water permitting and SWPPPs, SPCCs, and wastewater permits.
* Assist with environmental compliance audits, perform regulatory applicability reviews, and implement corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
· Provide support during the pursuit, design and construction phases of large public infrastructure and transportation projects with the responsibility to manage and monitor environmental commitments, communicate and coordinate requirements to project teams (contractors, engineers/designers, owners), oversee permitting and mitigation requirements, attend meetings, maintain schedules and represent the environmental discipline.
* Collaborate with project managers and sales staff to create efficient business development strategies for identified leads and existing clients.
· Assist with the planning and directing of the sales team to develop new markets and/or clients, expand services offerings with existing clients through cross-selling.
* Participate in the training, coaching and development of technical staff.
· Represent Atlas at industry related conferences, exhibitions, associations, and functions.
· Implement Atlas' health and safety policies and procedures.
· B.S. degree in environmental science or related discipline; M.S. degree, a plus.
* 20+ years of environmental compliance experience including 10+ years of direct responsibility managing projects, supervising field staff, providing QA/QC of deliverables, and assisting with business development.
* Experience developing and implementing management systems; e.g. ISO 14001, a plus
· Excellent leadership and client management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills;
· Strong planning and organizational skills;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet organization and project objectives.
· Technically adept, flexible, and forward thinking.
· Exhibits ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules.
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office® and standard business development, project management and accounting systems.
* Demonstrated knowledge, application and interpretation of relevant federal, state and local environmental regulations, including NEPA or CEQA.
Other miscellaneous qualities:
* Ability to travel 30% of the time
* Certification in a recognized EHS specialty or professional licensure, a plus.
$125K - $150K Annual Salary
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience
Atlas offers a comprehensive benefit program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, Atlas benefits include health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, voluntary life / AD&D, disability benefits, leaves of absence, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, employee assistance program, educational assistance program
Who We Are:
We strive to be the most sought-after infrastructure and environmental solutions company, known for our unique, values-driven approach and brought to life by the industry's most exceptional people.
Atlas provides professional testing, inspection, engineering, environmental and consulting services from more than 100 locations nationwide. We deliver solutions to both public and private sector clients in the transportation, commercial, water, government, education and industrial markets.
With a legacy of providing consistent quality and results, Atlas creates a better experience at every stage of an infrastructure project. We connect the best experts in the industry to deliver value from concept to completion and beyond. This means doing everything our clients expect and then raising the expectations in a way that only our people can.
* Life: We enhance quality of life. We value people and safety above all else.
* Heart: As our hallmarks, we act with compassion, empathy and respect.
* Trust: We work together as partners, doing what we say with full accountability.
* Mastery: Always striving for the highest quality, we ensure greatness inspires all our work.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are at the core of our purpose & values
We are committed to enhancing the lives of our employees, customers, shareholders, and the communities where we live and work. We believe in our heart-led approach and place a strong focus on conducting our business in an ethical, compassionate and respectful way. Through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program, we seek to hire, develop, and promote a talented and diverse team of professionals nationwide. We believe in leveraging the power of our different backgrounds, beliefs, perspectives and capabilities to create value for our company and our communities. Our values of Life, Heart, Mastery and Trust are the principles by which we operate, the character of our people, and the culture of our organization. We're Stronger Together.
Atlas EEOC Statement
Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atlas makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our EEO Policy https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf