ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is headquartered out of Buffalo Grove, Illinois, and has various manufacturing plants in the Southeastern United States. MP's Client manufactures and distributes proven solutions that help you thrive in a competitive environment while enhancing the natural environment of the sites you serve. It's their mission to consistently help customers establish sustainable green space through water and soil management and plant establishment. They accomplish this by bringing our knowledgeable people, proven products, groundbreaking technology, and personal services on-site to holistically meet real-world applications-assuring success on every job.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of EH&S with dotted line responsibilities to the facility manager and serves as the staff specialist in Environmental Health and Safety by developing and carrying out procedures with the line organization that effectively control environmental, accident, and health exposures in the company as well as minimize work-related accidents. This position will need to have a solid working knowledge of Environmental regulations as well as Federal OSHA & MSHA standards. The primary responsibilities for this position will be addressing Environmental permitting, and regulatory compliance and assisting all profile locations with environmental needs. This position will be located in the Blue Mountain Mississippi location and will be required to travel to other locations on a scheduled and as-needed basis.
* Guide and assist plant personnel at locations with critical safety and health Opportunities.
* Oversees company accident statistics and makes recommendations for efficiencies/preventative measures.
* Assists in planning safety and industrial hygiene services of insurance carriers and internal resources to obtain optimum service.
* Assists in the oversite of the internal forklift certification process.
* Coordinates injuries with the worker's compensation Department.
* Assists in coordinating and conducting EH&S training programs.
* Evaluates accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure adequate investigation to determine root cause and corrective actions.
* Ensures that the company follows applicable laws and regulations.
* Conducts scheduled audits to assist management in determining workplace hazards and assist in the development of corrective actions.
* Develops and submits required Tier 2, Title V, and OSHA Summary logs and secures required permits as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* College degree (AA/AS, BA/BS) preferred in related field and/or 5-7 yrs. exp performing EH&S tasks within a manufacturing environment.
* Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Understanding of Manufacturing/Warehouse processes and flow.
* Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts as needed for 7-day operation.
* Ability to travel 25-30% to other facilities in MS, NC, TN & FL on a regular and as-needed basis.
* Knowledgeable in the application of EPA/OSHA regulations.
* Knowledgeable of the worker's compensation process.
* Experience in administering personnel policies and procedures.
* Location: Blue Mountain, Mississippi
* Type: Exempt / Full-time
* Compensation: S$80-$90k plus bonus opportunity
* Relocation: assistance available for the right candidate